Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st September 2010, 01:58 PM
Friend

Default Durst 605 Negative Carrier

I've got a Durst M605 enlarger with a multitude of insert including the glass ones, I want to try and print some frames where the film border is kept in tack like I've seen in many a fashion photo and I'm using 120 film (would be much easier in 35mm but I don't shoot that).

Even with the glass carriers it trims off some of the edges so you can't really make out the text on the film, I think this is because of the masking blades getting in the way but I don't want to trash the carrier trying to find out. My options are, to buy another Sirioneg carrier to butcher or try the marginally cheaper Unineg carrier out.

Has anyone tried the same thing with the same equipment and managed to print with the film borders, if so how?
Old 21st September 2010, 02:17 PM
Friend

If you can,t adjust the masking blades then the only way I know of is; 1 Make an insert of your own to the size you want with,I would suggest,off cuts of mounting board,(it can be done, I have done it myself) or 2 to file down a metal insert to the required size, but before you do any damage to your present negative carrier I would get another one, in any condition, to experiment with,Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies