Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th October 2019, 07:22 PM
Friend

Out of curiosity I checked the “native” website to see if anything was lost in translation ...

Une séquence de 10 immersions dans l'eau claire, espacées de 10 minutes, permettra d'éliminer la totalité des résidus de produits chimiques contenus dans l'émulsion.

Which according to Google translate is a series of ten immersions, ten minutes apart ... so 100 minutes!
Old 6th October 2019, 07:32 PM
Friend

Yes, Dave; and "la totalité des résidus" means what I said in bold on my last post. So a bit much, really.
Old 6th October 2019, 07:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
It looks like that, Mike. Sounds like a variation of the Ilford method, which is much quicker.
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'll stick to the Ilford method. At a 100 minutes of washing time this film has just been taken off my Christmas list even if it could turn me into the 1960s version of David Bailey and his model, Jean Shrimpton was thrown in for free

Mike
Old 30th January 2020, 09:40 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I have just bought a couple of rolls (120) of this and wonder whether anyone else here has used it. If so, is it best at box speed or maybe down a little at 250 or 320? I have read the mini-introduction on the carton and know to pre-soak it and also to give a longer fix.
Morning Michael, you’ve probably moved on from Bergger now but I’ve just found this on YouTube and it’s an interesting watch (at least I found it so)

https://youtu.be/U1jWD3Eu720

Unusually they also print some of their images in a darkroom too which made a pleasant change.

ATB
Old 30th January 2020, 03:14 PM
Friend

That was quite interesting, Dave. I had already suspended further use of this film until conditions outside turn a bit more contrasty. I enjoyed it most from May to September last year; and it seemed to me to benefit from a yellow filter.

It may be a good idea to try rating it at 200 and developing in that Spur Acurol N (now going to look for relevant information on that).

For the moment, it's XP2 in the IIIf and CMS 20 (heaven help us) in the R6.2. I'll settle down in a bit.
Old 30th January 2020, 09:35 PM
Friend

Forgot to mention something else I noticed on that video: you're supposed to depress a Jobo tank cap when processing, for the sake of effective inversion. The fella didn't.
Old 30th January 2020, 10:30 PM
Friend

Interesting link Dave and yes the Spur developer did appear to give a smoother if less contrasty look- better for some of the shots but not as good for others that were taken. However I was rather expecting a mention by the presenter to mention what appears to be instructions for a ridiculously long wash

As he didn't I can only assume that he read the French sentence differently and in fact the film requires only the same washing sequence as any other film

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies