Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd October 2019, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Hi Cannick,

I use Foma 100 in 35mm and 120, it's pretty much all I shoot (it's a cost thing)

I shoot at box speed and have until recently develop as per Foma's recommendations.

The results were OK as far as I am concerned, but I am no expert.

Although I think the only Ilford developer they suggest is ID-11, the one Richard uses.

Here's some that I printed a while ago

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...hp?albumid=518

and if I've got it right here's some that I think I had printed by AG photo

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...hp?albumid=563

Ian

Ilford is £69.49 but, unless I am wrong, when I shoot Ilford and process it could not be easier, from what i am seeing here Fomapan is not as good and a pain to shoot and process, or is it just how it is coming over in the posts.

I would try Fomapan but, remember I am s l o w

WHAT asa should I shoot it at, and how long and with what would you develop it with

To me Ilfosol and Ilford 400 asa is simple, 1 to 9 for 6 min 30 secs, simple. 125asa 4 min 15 secs.

Fomapan........................................... .................................................. ........ ?

Last edited by Anon01; 22nd October 2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 22nd October 2019, 03:34 PM
Banned

OK............................. Err

This may be it

https://www.digitaltruth.com/devchar...lm=&mdc=Search

Fomapan 100 Ilfosol 3 1+14 100 6 mins is that right
Old 22nd October 2019, 03:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannik View Post
Ilford is £69.49 but, unless I am wrong, when I shoot Ilford and process it could not be easier, from what i am seeing here Fomapan is not as good and a pain to shoot and process, or is it just how it is coming over in the posts.

Fomapan is as easy to process as Ilford, you can use Xtol,ID11/d76, there are a range of Fomapan chemicals, my personal favorite is RO9, Rodinal, but it will develop in pretty much anything, and I chose fomapan over Ilford any time, I have been using it as my only film in both 120 and 35mm for over 20 years, both as a professional untilI retired and now for the pleasure of photography today, quality is not a problem, I have yet to have any quality issues, it is what I call a very old fashioned film, very traditional with a look all of it's own,I would say it is how it is coming over to you in the posts, I love the look of it, to get some kind of an idea of the look just look at my albums and gallery images, all taken on Fomapan, mostly 400, It may be a bit grainy from 35mm, but it is a nice grain, and again it depends on the subject, I have recently printed some 35mm on my standard 91/2 by 12 paper that is almost grain free, and devloped in a fine grain developer such as ID11 the grain is fine,it is as easy to use as Ilford/Kodak,just needs a bit of care handling the wet film as the emulsion is a bit soft when wet,
Richard
Old 22nd October 2019, 03:40 PM
Banned

Or this

https://parallaxphotographic.coop/fo...eloping-times/

Old 22nd October 2019, 03:49 PM
Friend

Looks like a useful link, Cannik Thanks

Mike
Old 23rd October 2019, 07:25 AM
Banned

The problem with me is that I find it hard to see "either side" of what I am aiming at (in most aspects of daily life), all I see is the need to buy more bulk film, it sounds so simple to you all but it only occurred to ME last night to buy a blasted ONE ROLL and try it.

A "normal" thought you may think .........................

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies