Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Equipment miscellaneous

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th February 2020, 04:02 PM
Friend

It's a good point Alex, but because i have a permanent darkroom, the changing bag only gets used when i'm in the field.

In this scenario, i'm sitting in the back of the car with my hands in the changing tent and shuffling DDS' and film boxes, so i can use the height of the arms to be able to reach over the DDS' and i have more freedom than a traditional changing bag.

Mind you....you can imagine some of the looks i get from passers by when they look in and see me with both hands in the tent!! :-)

Mike
Old 16th February 2020, 09:05 PM
Friend

I got my Paterson changing bag this morning and I put it through its paces ,I loaded four 4x5 film holders ,and had no trouble, there is plenty of room to move things about inside and I am pleased I got it .I will use it when I need to load the odd film holder ,but I know it will come in handy ….well worth the money and will last me out
Old 17th February 2020, 01:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I have had and used the Paterson for years and years, but I always found it a very warm and sticky hand venture, each time I had to use it, even when I tried out both latex and cotton gloves.

Terry S
I meant to say in my last post...

But whenever I use my Paterson bag now, when it's possible, I put a small but sturdy cardboard box, with the front flaps taken off, into the bag before zipping it up. This then emulates the pop up style bags. It gives you a lot more room to work in and your hands stay a lot cooler.

Terry S
Old 17th February 2020, 01:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I meant to say in my last post...

But whenever I use my Paterson bag now, when it's possible, I put a small but sturdy cardboard box, with the front flaps taken off, into the bag before zipping it up. This then emulates the pop up style bags. It gives you a lot more room to work in and your hands stay a lot cooler.

Terry S

I shall try that next time I use mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies