Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th January 2021, 06:21 PM
Friend

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Hi Edmond, your letter with 2 fine colour prints arrived in plenty of time, you will be pleased to know.

The first showing a birdhouse, is cool in colour and really shows off the characteristics of the Helios 44-2 lens wide open. While the second, of roses, is much warmer and shows the vibrancy of Kodak Portra 160 film.

I like them both very much.

Many thanks,
Martin
Thank you, I'm glad they were appreciated. Not such perfect compositions as your print this month though!

Edmund
Old 21st January 2021, 12:44 PM
Friend

My offering for this months round, was put into the post yesterday, Wednesday 20/01/2021, by first class post.

Terry S
Old 21st January 2021, 04:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Just received a beautiful print showing the historic ship, HMS Gannet at Chatham, on what was clearly a lovely autumn day. The negative has been expertly exposed to render all tones, including a great sky. The resulting print has a very nice luminance throughout. Tony has included a lot of historical detail about this vessel, which is most welcome and much appreciated.
Many thanks, Tony.
Alex

I glad the print was of interest to you Alex bit of a lucky coincidence.
Thanks for the comments I will try and post it in the Gallery soon.

Tony
Old 21st January 2021, 05:06 PM
Friend

Just received not one, but three fascinating 5x7 prints from Terry S. Well printed on three different paper stocks and toned differently. Great minds think alike Terry! I've been considering going down from 10x8 to 5x7 as my standard printing size. Not just on the grounds of cost but because 10x8 boxes of prints are starting to fill the house!
Old 21st January 2021, 05:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Just received not one, but three fascinating 5x7 prints from Terry S. Well printed on three different paper stocks and toned differently. Great minds think alike Terry! I've been considering going down from 10x8 to 5x7 as my standard printing size. Not just on the grounds of cost but because 10x8 boxes of prints are starting to fill the house!
Wow, the Royal Mail has impressed me again, as I think I must have caught the last postal collection of the day, at my local Waitrose shop. And NO! the stamps don't cost anymore than usual, being the only thing they sell that doesn't I reckon.

It's always good to hear that our work is appreciated, even though we do it to amuse ourselves a lot of the time, so thanks for the comments Rob.

I'll do my best to put the two new prints in the gallery real soon. Not the third one though, as that was a spare print that I had from the previous round on Art 300 paper, and I just wanted to show someone else what a lovely paper it is to print with.

Terry S
Old 22nd January 2021, 07:10 PM
Friend

Received today a nice photo of a frozen glove on a branch, beautifully printed.

Thanks Alex!
Old 22nd January 2021, 10:38 PM
Friend

Thanks Tony. Im glad you liked the print.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 24th January 2021, 01:58 PM
Friend

And my two offerings are now posted in the gallery :

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/2777

Terry S
Old 27th January 2021, 07:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
My print went in the post this afternoon.
Michael
Hi Michael,
Well arrived today! The image shows a very beautiful bench. I could not think of a better use of my beloved square format. Masterful use of depth of field is very impressive and on top of this a wonderful toning applied. Love it!
Frank
PS. Very sad to see that the envelope has a customs declaration now.
Old 28th January 2021, 12:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
PS. Very sad to see that the envelope has a customs declaration now.
Yes, I was quite surprised recently, when I sent some pictures off to the United States. I've never been asked to do it before, but I was asked to fill in a customs form, to stick on the envelope.

On the form, I had to (again) put a price on my work. I've asked this question before, about how much would people value their PE work at?

I can only presume that this is all part of Brexit?

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies