Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th November 2016, 07:56 PM
Friend

Default Kaiser Vcp 6000 Enlarger replacement bulb

Hi to all FDU people.

This is my first thread here. I'm writing to see if anyone knows what is the right bulb replacement number for this enlarger.
The manual just writes 12Volt 100 Watt halogen bulb... but doesn't specify more.
Before the enlarger arrived home I bought some Xenophot GZ 6.35 but aren't the right ones, because are too big. I tried to use anyway, but exposure times became very very longer than with the original lamp.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Last edited by DcAnalogue; 16th November 2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 16th November 2016, 09:47 PM
Friend

I am sure Kaiser did specify the bulb - maybe they say not to use any bulb but "Kaiser 4459" which I do not believe is produced by Kaiser in Buchen (where I happen to live at the moment, btw) and very likely is a relabelled bulb by another producer. As far as I know (I do not have a Kaiser colour-head myself) Osram xenophot HLX (or any other 12V 100W halogen bulb specified with the letter combination "EFP") should fit. If yours is named "EFP" and it is bigger than the bulb that was in the head before and that did fit - take a look at the original bulb and get one.
Good luck!

Last edited by namir; 16th November 2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 16th November 2016, 10:07 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by namir View Post
I am sure Kaiser did specify the bulb - maybe they say not to use any bulb but "Kaiser 4459" which I do not believe is produced by Kaiser in Buchen (where I happen to live at the moment, btw) and very likely is a relabelled bulb by another producer. As far as I know (I do not have a Kaiser colour-head myself) Osram xenophot HLX (or any other 12V 100W halogen bulb specified with the letter combination "EFP") should fit. If yours is named "EFP" and it is bigger than the bulb that was in the head before and that did fit - take a look at the original bulb and get one.
Good luck!
Thanks for your answer.
My lamp is EFP, but the original one is smaller and fits a metal ring in front of it, which keeps the bulb in place. The problem is there's no part number written on the original so (apart for Kaiser 4459 which is no more in their website) I don't know how to search for it....
Old 16th November 2016, 10:13 PM
Friend

Default Bulb replacement

As far as I know the 12v 100w bulb is common to LPL, Durst and Kaiser colour enlargers. Any of the better on line photographic outlets will have one. Try AG Photographic in Birmingham, I have just bought two from them for my LPL 7700. They cost about a fiver each.

The ones they sent me were made by Osram with the code 1/231
Old 17th November 2016, 12:20 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
As far as I know the 12v 100w bulb is common to LPL, Durst and Kaiser colour enlargers. Any of the better on line photographic outlets will have one. Try AG Photographic in Birmingham, I have just bought two from them for my LPL 7700. They cost about a fiver each.

The ones they sent me were made by Osram with the code 1/231
Thanks!
I bought the same bulbs (Osram Xenophot A 1 231 EFP) so these shouldn't be common to Kaiser (at least the Vcp 6000) and LPL.
I'll try to check directly from the factory....
Old 17th November 2016, 07:46 AM
Friend

According to the list published on the Firstcall website the replacement bulb for the entire kaiser is ai/231, apart from the black and white condenser models, apart from that I would suggest trying Fotospeed, who import Kaiser products into the UK,
Richard
Old 17th November 2016, 04:08 PM
Friend

Thanks to all guys!

I wrote directly to Kaiser and they explained me what's hapened.
Tha original lamps were smaller but no more produced.
The right ones are larger (seems exactly the ones I bought (i.e. #4459
(Osram #64627))

The guy @ Kaiser suggested to change the original (flat pin) socket with a new one (round pin), and then change it every 2/3 bulbs....
During the w.e. I'll test the new socket and keep you informed about the results....

Tags
6000, bulb, kaiser, lamp, vcp
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies