Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th August 2016, 10:19 PM
Friend

I've shot about a dozen rolls of Agfa Vista 200 and have found it be quite reliable. All my rolls have been home developed.

Here are a few examples:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...gfa&view_all=1
Old 7th August 2016, 06:44 PM
Friend

definitely sounds like bad developing, as if they have run a batch of films through the machine without topping up or changing the chems at all.

go to a reputable place next time with a film you know has been exposed correct and see the difference, its decent film if you get a good batch
Old 8th August 2016, 11:25 AM
Friend

Just had a roll developed at AG Photographic no problems at all, which is good because I have about 50 rolls of this film which I bought thinking that at a pound a roll it will disappear off the shelves never to be seen again. Poundland are still selling it. Perhaps someone should tell them to display it in the cooler next to the milk.
Old 12th August 2016, 05:34 PM
Friend

I find Snappy Snaps in Lincoln to be excellent but it is worth bearing in mind that Snappy Snaps is a franchise business and each shop is owned by someone different. Some care more, some less - some have more skill, some less.
Old 12th August 2016, 10:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAllan View Post
I've shot about a dozen rolls of Agfa Vista 200 and have found it be quite reliable. All my rolls have been home developed.

Here are a few examples:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...gfa&view_all=1
They do look fine. I've already been convinced to try some more of this film, I just bought five rolls from a different branch of poundland.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies