Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th November 2016, 01:03 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
its great to have some benefits of a manufacture who is still in the UK. I bought a load of film and saved some money that I spent on some more film , its a shame our American cousins could not benefit from it ,maybe Kodak will do the same next year ...

www.essexcockney.com
Paul, my $ no longer goes to Kodak (except for the HC-110 that I'll stick with until NLA). I'm as close as I'll get to exclusively Ilford now.
Old 29th November 2016, 08:41 AM
Friend

Jerry, basically Ilford/Harman seem to sell to US distributors at a huge discount compared to UK retailers in order to be competitive with Kodak that American photographers have historically been extremely loyal to. So B&H currently list a box of FP4+ 4x5" for about $33 (nor sure if that includes tax? ) that same box in the UK from Harman themselves costs £47.52 (about $59). You might pay as low as £36 ($45) if we shop around, but were still generally paying way above US prices.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies