Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Locations > Overseas

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th June 2009, 05:43 PM
Friend

FADU trip for the future, perhaps (although a weekend would be too short!)?

Rob
Old 14th June 2009, 06:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
FADU trip for the future, perhaps (although a weekend would be too short!)?

Rob
In your dreams?
Old 14th June 2009, 08:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
In your dreams?
In mine
Old 21st July 2009, 04:38 PM
Friend

Iceland seems to becoming more and more popular as a place for photography as well as more reasonable. I am fortunate in that I visited there in July 2007 as well as April 2009 and I'm in the process of arranging a photographic workshop there in June/July 2010.

The amazing thing I found is that there is no "charge" to visit places that; were they in the UK would be under the control of the National Trust with a hefty entry fee. There are so many easily accessible locations that it should be on the list of places to see for all landscape photographers!

I've journeyed well over 6000 kms around the island and it has left me spell-bound. I've solo wild camped for 2 weeks (a humbling experience) as well as utilising farmhouse accommodation (much more civilised). I've experienced all kinds of weather - in a matter of a few hours at times and the quality of light is fantastic.

Highly recommend a visit!
Old 29th October 2009, 08:32 AM
New User

I am from this island and I miss the fantastic light you experience there. The costs have fallen dramatically and there should be no great problem for any english speaking person to travell.
The nature is fantastic but also demanding and unforgiving.
In my youth I used to go to the mountains almost every week, for a stay in mountain huts without electricity and phone. That taught me to dress properly for all occasions and it also made me more humble. Because the nature there can really show any person how antlike we are. Standing on a flowing lawa stream for one!
I trawelled a lot inside the Island and I am willing to give info if you would like. As a historian I am well informed about Iceland.

Sincerely

Eirgud
Old 30th October 2009, 05:50 AM
Friend

Trevor, Paul & I did have a great time there in the summer as Trevor has described. Wonderful company!

I recently returned from another stay of 5 weeks there and enjoyed it very much. Weather was predictably quite different and the days shorter. Sadly things seem to be getting more expensive again. I talked about this to local people on more than one occasion and several told me that prices were now rising to higher levels than before the crash. We found a considerable variation of staples like evening meals but wine and spirits in particular remain very pricey.

Now looking forward to a winter of printing :-)
Tim
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies