Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th October 2016, 02:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
There is a shop in Thurso that stocks the USA Black and white Magazine, I buy a copy every summer on holiday.

Bob

That's the sort of bizarre thing that happens up here. I remember going on holiday to the Orkney Islands and finding the newsagent in Kirkwall stocked a number of titles you wouldn't find in Glasgow or Edinburgh. The last time I saw the US magazine was in the Borders shop in Glasgow, but it has long since closed.
Alex.
Old 18th December 2016, 01:31 PM
New User

I am a subscriber, but I will not renew when the subscription lapses. Yes, it has some photographs made by traditional methods, but there is a lot of digital. The quality of the images is variable, and yes, some are very good. But there is never any discussion of films, papers, developers, or darkroom techniques. The KO punch that did it for me: the editor of the magazine, in announcing their Annual Competition, talked about how she was looking forward to the "smell of ink" from the prints...
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies