Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th November 2016, 06:31 PM
Friend

Default black friday

is Ilford doing any black Friday deals or discount codes
Old 25th November 2016, 06:38 PM
Friend

Yes, Harman Express discount code BLACK20. 20% discount, finishes midnight Sunday.

Tony
Old 25th November 2016, 06:51 PM
Friend

thanks Tony
Old 26th November 2016, 06:05 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
Yes, Harman Express discount code BLACK20. 20% discount, finishes midnight Sunday.

Tony
Is this benefit accessible to folks in the USA? I couldn't find any evidence of this on the Harman Express website, but maybe somehow I missed it. Was also wondering if it'd make sense to order from them, what with shipping costs etc.
Old 26th November 2016, 06:19 AM
Friend

It said free shipping for orders over £50 in UK only not sure about the discount. If you order something on line, put in the code and your address at checkout that should show the discount if it applies. You can cancel your order so long as you haven't made a payment.

Tony
Old 28th November 2016, 07:36 PM
Friend

I just checked out my very old email address I hadn't used for the past 3 years to find this offer from Harman Express giving 20% discount for those who are UK based and have ordered from them before. If you didn't select opt-in for marketing information you won't get email notification of any specials that come up from time to time.

Alas, this 20% offer expired midnight 27th November 2016. I was too late as well.

Don't know why they're using my old email address even though I changed it in my profile to reflect the new one years ago. Suppose that's why I didn't hear anything except here on FADU.

As a side note to this it is at least worth considering ordering stuff from them if it's over £50 as it qualifies for free shipping so is of balance out cost overall costs compared to dealers! if you need it urgently.
Old 28th November 2016, 07:54 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
Is this benefit accessible to folks in the USA? I couldn't find any evidence of this on the Harman Express website, but maybe somehow I missed it. Was also wondering if it'd make sense to order from them, what with shipping costs etc.
Aren't retail prices of Ilford stuff in the USA already miles lower than in the UK anyway? How cheap do you want it!!??!!
Old 28th November 2016, 10:27 PM
Friend

Dave, I don't spend a lot of time tracking prices of things globally, so I'm not aware if what you say is true or not, regarding price differences between UK and U.S. Just saw this offer on FADU and thought to check it out, and I'd certainly compare with the cost from our sources here before placing an order. Just seemed simple and worthwhile to ask.
Old 28th November 2016, 11:02 PM
Friend

its great to have some benefits of a manufacture who is still in the UK. I bought a load of film and saved some money that I spent on some more film , its a shame our American cousins could not benefit from it ,maybe Kodak will do the same next year ...

www.essexcockney.com
Old 28th November 2016, 11:29 PM
Friend

Interestingly, seeing Jerry's post, I haven't seen any indication on the site that is largely U.S. populated (APUG) that the appreciable drop in the GBP/$ rate has had any effect on what U.S. users pay for Ilford goods. I certainly haven't noticed any thread on APUG which rejoices at a drop in Ilford prices

I have little doubt that the big U.S. retailers when paying for their orders from ilford must spend less $ but all I can conclude is that the retailers are simply using the drop to increase their profits.

Equally strangely the lack of price decreases that should flow to U.S. customers due to the exchange rate does not seem to be exercising them at all.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies