Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th February 2017, 09:18 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I've just returned home to find a very interesting, and well executed print from Derek. The image is a scene from within a derelict building on a wartime air base. It shows the sorry remains of a vehicle of some description that looks to have been abandoned many years ago. Derek was attracted to the lighting, and has caught it very effectively. The structure of the building works well to create a pleasing composition. The print is on Multigrade FB and has a great quality feel.
Many thanks, Derek, I'm very pleased with it.
Alex.
I am glad you liked it Alex. I have tried a new method for washing FB prints so it will be interesting to see how the print weathers in the future.
Derek
Old 13th February 2017, 09:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisel View Post
mine went off today
And received thanks Fran.

Like Fran's January print, I have received a panoramic print made from a square negative, taken on a Kiev 88 camera. Just checking them out, them seem like unusual cameras with various quirks.

The picture is of a group of diners, in an Italian village square, taken at night.

I like the picture as it is the sort that I also enjoy taking.

Printed on MC110 FB glossy paper, it reminds me how much I enjoy printing on FB gloss compared to a RC glossy version, which I fall in and out of favour with regularly. I must try and find the time to do a it more FB printing.

Another fine addition to my collection, so thank you once more Fran / Chisel.

Terry S
Old 14th February 2017, 12:58 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering is in the post.
Mike
Old 15th February 2017, 05:34 PM
Friend

My print went in the post this afternoon.
Michael
Old 15th February 2017, 10:59 PM
Friend

Thanks for the kind words Terry. Yeah, they're actually a good camera, not hasselblad build quality obviously, but the lenses are cheap and really really good. They're also bloody heavy! If you're interested, get the later model, the 88cm, with pentacon 6 mount for a wider range of cheaper lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And received thanks Fran.

Like Fran's January print, I have received a panoramic print made from a square negative, taken on a Kiev 88 camera. Just checking them out, them seem like unusual cameras with various quirks.

The picture is of a group of diners, in an Italian village square, taken at night.

I like the picture as it is the sort that I also enjoy taking.

Printed on MC110 FB glossy paper, it reminds me how much I enjoy printing on FB gloss compared to a RC glossy version, which I fall in and out of favour with regularly. I must try and find the time to do a it more FB printing.

Another fine addition to my collection, so thank you once more Fran / Chisel.

Terry S
Old 15th February 2017, 11:58 PM
Friend

Default Print posted

My print went in the post today (actually nearly yesterday, looking at the late hour!)
Old 16th February 2017, 01:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
My print went in the post today (actually nearly yesterday, looking at the late hour!)
...and received this morning Edmund. An excellent print of a road bridge over a disused railway line. I agree with you about the sepia tone giving it atmosphere.

Derek
Old 16th February 2017, 05:26 PM
Friend

Received my print by Mike Heller, thanks a lot!

A picture in a cave taken while seakayaking in the Shetlands (bucket list item: visit the Shetlands!) with a very interesting back story as far as rescuing the film is concerned! Makes you appreciate the things we have to get through from time to time to get our pictures!

I really like the composition and appreciate how hard it must be to take good pictures while in a Kayak! I hope you'll post it in the gallery!

Great tonal range and deep blacks there - this is my first picture I've seen printed on MGIV RC - I'm a bit surprised by how thin the paper is compared to the other RC papers I've tried (not many).

I will send mine either this weekend or early next week!
Old 17th February 2017, 10:30 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Lincoln View Post
...and received this morning Edmund. An excellent print of a road bridge over a disused railway line. I agree with you about the sepia tone giving it atmosphere.

Derek

Scan posted in the gallery now
Old 20th February 2017, 02:19 PM
Friend

Just posted mine. Later than I'd hoped this month.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies