Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th January 2010, 03:23 PM
Friend

Default Sloshers For Sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MESOX:IT

After 18 months of using the paterson orbital for all my 5x4 work I eventually gave up with it because of problems with streaking. I got good results 90% of the time but every now and then , especially in large areas of even tone, skies etc the streaking would appear. I tried all sorts of different agitation methods and quantities of developer but just couldn't solve the problem. I also got impressions on the film sheets from the blobs of epoxy on the tray base.
After lots of swearing and cursing I decided to look at the slosher method. I made a crude version out of some acrylic and it worked beautifully ! I've subsequently improved the design and with the help of a CNC router made up a batch which have been sold online (not sure if the above link works ?)
I'm thinking about a version which could be used in daylight but with limited resources it's not easy.

Bill

Last edited by bill spears; 12th January 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12th January 2010, 04:45 PM
Friend

Update: The above post has been moved here from the articles section as it wasn't originally intended to be a 'For Sale' item but indirectly I guess it is so If any one wants more info PM me.
Cheers
Bill

Last edited by bill spears; 12th January 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12th January 2010, 06:23 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill spears View Post
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MESOX:IT

After 18 months of using the paterson orbital for all my 5x4 work I eventually gave up with it because of problems with streaking. I got good results 90% of the time but every now and then , especially in large areas of even tone, skies etc the streaking would appear.

I'm thinking about a version which could be used in daylight but with limited resources it's not easy.

Bill
Bill, it`s good to see someone working away to create convenient ways to process sheet-films. Designing a light proof pour in/pour out lid similar in design to the Paterson Orbital might be tricky though.
I remember when you took the coastline photo at Lands End in October shown in your link.
Keep us all updated about your project.

Keith.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies