Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th November 2014, 03:30 PM
Friend

Default Multigrade mixing box

Hi all.
I have managed to pick up a Ilford Multigrade 500 enlarger set up which is in very good condition. Unfortunately it only came with a 35mm Light mixing box.
Has anybody got a 6x7 or a 5x4 mixing box they would be willing to sell me???
Thanks Russ
Old 16th November 2014, 03:49 PM
Friend

Russ,

If no one has one try John Boyce at:

http://www.odyssey-sales.co.uk/

Unfortunately these items are becomming hard to get hold of these days but Odyssey will be able to help. The 5x4 mixing box on these heads can manage formats from 35mm to 5x4. That's all I use and have done so for many years.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 16th November 2014, 10:30 PM
Friend

You could make your own, someone posted these measurements some years ago on this forum with the attached PDF.

Base 142.5x117.5mm
Top/Lid 144.5x119.5mm
Front And Back 142.5x137.5mm
Sides 117.5x137.5mm
Lamp Beam Ports are 24x32mm and 48mm from the top
The four locating lugs are 4mm from the bottom/diffuser

Bests,

David.
www.dsallen.de
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MG500H 5x4 Mixing Box..pdf (6.61 MB, 329 views)
http://dsallen.carpentier-galerie.de
Old 19th November 2014, 10:24 AM
Friend

Default Odyssey

Neil.
Are Odyessy still in business. I have tried to E-mail them twice with no success and the telephone contact number on their website is unavailable.

On the subject of the light diffusion box it turns out I need a 6 x 7 light box not a 4x5 as previously mentioned. The set up I have aquired is mounted to a Durst M805 chassis and column which will only print up to 6x9. This is not a problem for me as I only print up to 6x8 max.

Having said all this is there anybody willing to sell me a 6x7 mixing box or at least send me some pictures and dimensions of one so I can attempt to fabricate one myself.

Many thanks
Russ
Old 19th November 2014, 11:25 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussKelly View Post
Neil.
Are Odyessy still in business. I have tried to E-mail them twice with no success and the telephone contact number on their website is unavailable.

On the subject of the light diffusion box it turns out I need a 6 x 7 light box not a 4x5 as previously mentioned. The set up I have aquired is mounted to a Durst M805 chassis and column which will only print up to 6x9. This is not a problem for me as I only print up to 6x8 max.

Having said all this is there anybody willing to sell me a 6x7 mixing box or at least send me some pictures and dimensions of one so I can attempt to fabricate one myself.

Many thanks
Russ
Nova Darkroom (The Imaging Warehouse) may be worth a try. Will check to see what mixing boxes I have.

Tom
Old 19th November 2014, 11:44 AM
Friend

You will also need the adaptor plate for the medium format box.

Tom
Old 19th November 2014, 12:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussKelly View Post
Neil.

Many thanks
Russ

Russ,

Yes they are still very much in business as I bought a De Vere item from them only a short while ago. John Boyce (Mr De Vere) delivered it personally as he was in our area visiting some of his clients. They are out of the office sometimes servicing and installing equipment so I would keep on trying as they should have either a 5x4 or 6x7 light mixing box.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 25th November 2014, 07:26 PM
Friend

Default Lightbox

Hi all.
Many thanks to all who replied to my requirment for a lightbox.
Tom (one of our FADU members) has kindly sold me the correct item and it is now fitted. I can now print my 6x45 and 6x7 negs with my Ilford 500/Durst combination.
Thanks everyone
Russ
Old 28th November 2014, 02:34 PM
Friend

You will need the 5x4 kit that moves the lamps and holders away from the rear of the unit making them line up with the holes in the sides of the 5x4 mixing box.

I ended up making my own with some long machine screws and several nuts.....but it worked fine.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies