Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th November 2010, 08:56 PM
Friend

Default Konica Auto S2

I've just been given a bag of old camera stuff. The guy (friend of a friend) was on his way to the dump with it, and I happened to see the top of a camera in the bag. Needless to say the bag changed hands for the cost of a cup of coffee.

Most of the stiff not so good, but there are a couple of decent looking rangefinders, including a Konica auto S2, which appears to be mint with good, clean glass etc. there's no battery so I haven't been able to test the meter. It all seems to work OK otherwise. Anyone out there got any experience of this camera.
(I'll start another thread for the other camera)

Rob
Old 19th November 2010, 09:15 PM
Friend

Hmm, I had one in for repair earlier this year - loose lens mount, which is apparently a common fault. Didn't really want to sell it on as the lens was very nice. Just a bit bulky for my taste though.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:46 PM
Friend

I have used a S2 Rob. Lovely lens, and a beautiful camera.

The shutter blades gets stuck sometimes - but its very easy to access them . Let me know if thats a problem, and I'll tell you how I fixed mine

Ujjwal
Old 21st November 2010, 03:54 PM
Friend

Ihave an S2 which came three years ago with a stuck shutter as it usually happens with old cameras. It is not too complicated to get inside to fix the shutter (a Copal SVE) but is a must to take care with the CdS cell wires that run in a funny way inside the lens barrel and being too thin are easily broken.
Unfortunately, something else arose and I´m unable to fire the shutter, so I must go inside again (probably within december). If I cn be of help, just let me know.
Cheers
Ernesto
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies