Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 9th October 2013, 04:10 PM
Friend

Neil, thank you very much for putting this together!

I can see Dartmoor in January have become very popular!

I was there last year with Neil, + two friends of mine from Czech Republic. We've also had Barry for one evening (beer & food!).

Having said that, it looks like a "must go" event with 9 FADU friends already booked for January 2014.

I'll consult my calendar later on tonight and if all works, will book 23rd - 27th at the Riverside Inn.
Old 9th October 2013, 06:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Stehlik View Post
Neil, thank you very much for putting this together!

I can see Dartmoor in January have become very popular!

I was there last year with Neil, + two friends of mine from Czech Republic. We've also had Barry for one evening (beer & food!).

Having said that, it looks like a "must go" event with 9 FADU friends already booked for January 2014.

I'll consult my calendar later on tonight and if all works, will book 23rd - 27th at the Riverside Inn.

Leo,

All the best with your calendar consultations etc and we hope you can make this one

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 9th October 2013, 08:20 PM
Friend

I'll be there, but staying elsewhere in Bovey Tracey due to budget constraints. Looking forward to renewing old aquaintances and making new ones. Could be an agonising choice between Wistmans Wood and the old water works!

Rob
Old 10th October 2013, 09:12 AM
Friend

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
I'll be there, but staying elsewhere in Bovey Tracey due to budget constraints. Looking forward to renewing old aquaintances and making new ones. Could be an agonising choice between Wistmans Wood and the old water works!

Rob

Well done Rob and we look forward to catching up with you and welcoming you to Dartmoor

You should be able to do Wistman's Wood and the Old Water Treatment Works /
area if the weather is suitable - also I have a feeling there will be more requests for Wistman's Wood !!

Are you staying for the three nights ?

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 10th October 2013, 10:36 AM
Friend

Neil, after a long consulation with my diary, it looks like I can make it.

Unfortunately, Riverside Inn seems to be now fully booked and they do not have any of the single rooms available - so I may have to stay elsewhere nearby. I'll sort out the accomodation over the next few days (or will leave it until last minute - as usual with me!), but please do count me in.

I will arrive on Thursday evening 23rd January and will stay until Tuesday 28th.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:37 AM
Friend

Would anyone fancy to do the Wistman's Wood this coming January with me again?! :-)
Old 10th October 2013, 12:17 PM
Friend

Quote:
Neil, after a long consulation with my diary, it looks like I can make it.

Unfortunately, Riverside Inn seems to be now fully booked and they do not have any of the single rooms available - so I may have to stay elsewhere nearby. I'll sort out the accomodation over the next few days (or will leave it until last minute - as usual with me!), but please do count me in.

I will arrive on Thursday evening 23rd January and will stay until Tuesday 28th.
Hi Leo,

Great that you can make this one and I shall add your name to the list, along with Rob's, later tonight

Pity about your booking at the Riverside but we have filled it rather quickly this time! For future events I may have to look for a larger hotel!!

Give the Dolphin Hotel a try as it is just down the road from the Riverside - 5 minutes walk away at the most. You have been there before for meals and drinks. It is a little dearer than the Riverside but not by much. Do it right away though as they do not have many rooms.

http://www.dolphinbovey.net/Pages/default.aspx

Best of luck,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 10th October 2013, 12:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Would anyone fancy to do the Wistman's Wood this coming January with me again?! :-)
Leo,

If you are volunteering to be our guide / leader to Wistman's Wood you have got the job

Many thanks for stepping forward !

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 10th October 2013, 04:05 PM
Friend

Default [updated list - 10/10/13

UPDATED LIST - 10/10/13

We have another update!

Rob and Leo have now confirmed they will be joining us over the weekend and staying locally. This is great news as we have now reached eleven staying for the weekend and two, Eddie and Keith, turning up on the day.

We have run quite a few gatherings up and down the country since FADU started but I can't recall one being so well attended as this one But don't let us stop there because it's 'all the more the merrier' as far as I'm concerned - so if you are still undecided make up your mind now and come along and join in. Either for just a few hours, if that's all the time you have, or for a night or two if you want to get more involved.

Going from Leo's response from the Riverside Inn it now seems all the rooms have now gone (mostly to FADUs!) which is not a surprise as they only have about 12 letting rooms. So if you would like to join in and need accommodation I would suggest trying the Dolphin Hotel in Bovey Tracey (near the Riverside) or looking at B&Bs and small hotels in the Newton Abbot, Paignton and Torquay areas where some winter bargains can be had. I suggest these areas because they are within an easy drive to Bovey Tracey and low prices can be found.

As at 10/10/13

Neil - three nights at the Riverside
Stoo - three nights at the Riverside
Bob - three nights at the Riverside
Paul BJE - three nights at the Riverside
David Lingham - two nights at the Riverside (24th /25th)
Martin - three nights at the Riverside
Barry - three nights at the Riverside
Tony - three nights at the Riverside
Mark - Friday night at the hotel + Saturday
Rob - three nights - staying nearby
Leo - four nights - staying nearby

Eddie (Edbray) who lives locally will come along sometime on the Sunday.

See previous item on The Old Tottiford Water Treatment Works: http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...?t=8941&page=2

Keith Tapscott who lives locally will come along sometime.

If you have any queries about this weekend please raise them here or send me a PM.

Neil.

Neil Souch

Last edited by B&W Neil; 10th October 2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Paington added
Old 10th October 2013, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Just sticking my hand in the air for Wistman's Wood...
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies