Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th October 2013, 08:34 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Just sticking my hand in the air for Wistman's Wood...
I wise decision Bob - it really is a must go to location. I am sure Wistman's Wood will be a popular choice

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 11th October 2013, 05:56 PM
Friend

It looks like it will be a good meeting. I really hope light will be good for the weekend in January.

Helen and I are currently doing a series of the moorland and way-marker crosses along with other Dartmoor scenes. (when we get time for it)

http://www.dartmoor-crosses.org.uk/
Old 12th October 2013, 07:27 AM
Friend

Default Friday and Monday

Just thinking ahead; I thought I would mention I shall be on the moor somewhere on the Friday. So if anyone else is there and would like a meet let me know. A few of us have met up for lunch somewhere on previous meets and that is a good way to start the weekend off.

l am not rushing off on the Monday and plan do photography for most of the day so if you are able to do the same and would like some company - pack some extra film. Monday would also be good day for those wanting a second visit to Wistman's Wood Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 29th December 2013, 08:30 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
Monday would also be good day for those wanting a second visit to Wistman's Wood Neil.
:-)

I look forward to it Neil! :-)
Old 29th December 2013, 08:52 PM
Friend

I have to offer my severe apologies, I just mentioned this trip to my wife and she has told me she has booked for Me, Her, my Youngest Daughter and our 3 Grandchildren to go to EuroDisney for my Birthday (25th). Apparently we fly out of Exeter at 10:30 on the 23rd and return back to Exeter at 20:30 on the 26th (Sunday).

As I do not want to disappoint anyone who may have wanted to go to the old filter house at Tottiford, I can arrange to take the morning off on the 27th and give you access to the Old Filter House then for a couple of hours or so. I will need to know sooner rather than later though as I will have to book the time off.

My sincere apologies but I thought I had mentioned it to my wife, but either she was in her photographic mode (switched off) or I neglected to tell her.
Old 30th December 2013, 08:55 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBray View Post
I have to offer my severe apologies, I just mentioned this trip to my wife and she has told me she has booked for Me, Her, my Youngest Daughter and our 3 Grandchildren to go to EuroDisney for my Birthday (25th). Apparently we fly out of Exeter at 10:30 on the 23rd and return back to Exeter at 20:30 on the 26th (Sunday).

As I do not want to disappoint anyone who may have wanted to go to the old filter house at Tottiford, I can arrange to take the morning off on the 27th and give you access to the Old Filter House then for a couple of hours or so. I will need to know sooner rather than later though as I will have to book the time off.

My sincere apologies but I thought I had mentioned it to my wife, but either she was in her photographic mode (switched off) or I neglected to tell her.

Ed,

Never mind and I'm sure there will be another occasion as Dartmoor is a popular location. Many thanks for putting this information out early and I'll alter the event details later to avoid any confusion.

The Monday may not be a good day for those who have to travel and need to get back home but it may appeal to the locals. I am not sure what I shall be up to on the Monday as it will all depend on the weather. If is is suitable I shall be in the landscape either in Devon or in Cornwall - also there is the drive back to west Cornwall. So better count me out for the Monday.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 30th December 2013, 11:05 AM
Friend

Default Old Tottiford Water Treatment Works visit cancelled

As you will see from Eddie's post the proposed visit to the old water treatment works has now been cancelled due to family commitments. If you would like to visit the old water works on the Monday please contact Eddie direct.

Everything else planned for the weekend remains the same and in place and I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.

Keep an eye on this thread because further posts on the weekend's arrangements will appear during January.

As at 30/12/13

Neil - three nights at the Riverside
Stoo - three nights at the Riverside
Bob - three nights at the Riverside
Paul BJE - three nights at the Riverside
David Lingham - two nights at the Riverside (24th /25th)
Martin - three nights at the Riverside
Barry - three nights at the Riverside
Tony - three nights at the Riverside
Mark - Friday night at the hotel + Saturday
Rob - three nights - staying nearby
Leo - four nights - staying nearby

Keith Tapscott who lives locally will come along sometime.

If you have any queries about this weekend please raise them here or send me a PM.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 1st January 2014, 06:53 PM
Friend

Really looking forward to it

It will be great to catch up with you guys and view peoples (always excellent) recent work.

Martin
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:20 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
Really looking forward to it

It will be great to catch up with you guys and view peoples (always excellent) recent work.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, me too, and it won't be long now :-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:25 PM
Friend

Neil, my booking is now confirmed at one of the B&Bs in Bovey Tracey for 4 nights - walking distance to the Riverside Inn! (it's on the same street). I've sent you a PM with more details & (just in case) my contact number.

I look foward to it!

Regards
Leo
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies