Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th April 2022, 06:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Any company worth dealing with, if you have a problem they would be glad to help in case there were others. I think Ilford had a problem with the backing paper on 120 film and they took it on board.

Agreed 100%

But having said that, and like may others here who have been using Foma film for many years, these days Foma films / products have very good QC.

Processing 5x4 film is always tricky and errors occasionally happen - sheets can touch / overlap during processing and you can even leave a dirty big finger print on a sheet of film! I have had sheets occasioally ovrerlap during tray processing and from what has been described, re the damage to sheet ,this to me is what I would be looking at rather than a manufacture issue.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 28th April 2022, 09:03 PM
Friend

Default Developing sheet film

When I started out with photography 1n 1962 or was it 63 - no matter. The only camera was an MPP Mk7. All the film developing was done in a small deep tank that would hold around 10 frames of film - This was was TriX developed in Kodak D163, actually a paper developer which came to us in powder form.

In the 18 months or so I worked in that department the boss and I must have developed perhaps 150-200 sheets of film between us with not one failure. Could the problems some have when developing the sheet film in a dish rather than a tank?
Old 5th May 2022, 05:31 PM
Friend

I take it you have checked that the fix is working properly?

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 5th May 2022, 08:44 PM
Friend

Good evening Mitch. Fix was mixed fresh 1+4 for the session when this happened. The 3 other sheets in the tray were all fine, and the same fix happily processed 2 rolls of HP5 a couple of nights later. Just weird.
Old 9th May 2022, 04:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Good evening Mitch. Fix was mixed fresh 1+4 for the session when this happened. The 3 other sheets in the tray were all fine, and the same fix happily processed 2 rolls of HP5 a couple of nights later. Just weird.
Just checking Have you had a chance to print the negative that will be the real test to see if it interferes .

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 9th May 2022, 06:40 PM
Friend

Hi Mitch, haven't been in to print anything. Will be in the darkroom next few days to make something for Round 141 and will give it a bash then.
Any bets?
I'm expecting looong printing time and very harsh contrast.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies