Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Negative Printing Exchange

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th June 2012, 06:07 AM
Friend

Default Negative Print Exchange Round Two

Any plans to do this again with what was learned? The subject of printing others negatives came up on another forum and that prompted me to come back here and see how this went.
Old 2nd July 2012, 06:54 PM
Friend

Indeed so, I would be most interested if this took root and had another exchange, even if anyone alone wanted to do it?
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:50 AM
Friend

Maybe that's the way to go then Steve?

I too would be happy to join in and start it off by exchanging a neg with someone else.

Maybe people should put their names forward on the forum in the first instance, to see who's interested and then people can pm each other to exchange addresses etc?

After the exchange the two scanned prints could then be put up for us all to look at and comment on?

Terry S
Old 3rd July 2012, 02:03 PM
Friend

Ok, so anyone wanting to take part in another shall we start off a list here, should we give it until the end of the month for names to be put forward? Swap negatives and perhaps do a second print for when both done, one can be sent and the other kept so both printers may see the others proper results (aswell as a scan for all to see on here)? I guess these can be fine tuned until such a point as we're ready to do the exchange.

So here's to the list:
SteveSap (upto 5x4)
Terry S
Old 3rd July 2012, 02:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSap View Post
Ok, so anyone wanting to take part in another shall we start off a list here, should we give it until the end of the month for names to be put forward? Swap negatives and perhaps do a second print for when both done, one can be sent and the other kept so both printers may see the others proper results (aswell as a scan for all to see on here)? I guess these can be fine tuned until such a point as we're ready to do the exchange.

So here's to the list:
SteveSap (upto 5x4)
Terry S
I'm the last one to want to dampen any one's enthusiasm but Steve O got the first round organised and may want to continue with the second, which I think he planned to do after a suitable gap So why don't you PM him and ask him if he minds you taking over the task from him. I know he is very busy with his work and may welcome you intervention. We can then open up another thread for the second round.
Old 3rd July 2012, 03:36 PM
Friend

Fair point Dave.

I'm still in whoever decides to do it and I can currently do up to 6 x 6.

Will you do the PM'ing then please Steve?

Terry S
Old 3rd July 2012, 07:39 PM
Friend

I've dropped Steve O a PM but would gladly do any sorting should needs be. Thanks for the heads up Dave, I'd rather not treat on anyones toes, especially on someones own project.
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:49 PM
Friend

The fact we're talking about leads me to hope to shoot a couple of duplicates of any potentially good subjects I find in the coming week or so and hope to get the film done in time.
Old 11th July 2012, 08:20 PM
Friend

Just had a reply from Steve O, alas he is all rather tied up with bits to do much photography let alone this too... So, any names for the list? Or anyone else with a major desire to do the organising?
Old 12th July 2012, 07:07 AM
Friend

If opened a new thread just to keep separate the two rounds. It may be an idea to check out the rules for round one and copy them across to this thread after any amendments deemed necessary.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies