Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th September 2020, 06:14 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Good set of images Tony some of which I am sure I will be seeing in the flesh in the future.
Old 6th September 2020, 10:00 AM
Friend

Thanks for the comments from everybody. I did find the weekend quite a learning experience. I am usually motivated to use the cameras when the light is good with a sprinkling of sunshine but with the weather we had. leaden skies, damp fog and drizzle, when on my own I would have probably left the cameras in the bag and found a warm cosy pub or cafe. However being in the company of a group of experienced and capable photographers and having travelled long way the cameras had to come out and from all the results shown from everyone here there were some worthwhile photographs to be had. That is the benefit of these gatherings with the added bonus of enjoying excellent company when we do get into that cosy pub. Yes Bill one will be going into the next box.

Tony
Old 6th September 2020, 05:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
Thanks for the comments from everybody. I did find the weekend quite a learning experience. I am usually motivated to use the cameras when the light is good with a sprinkling of sunshine but with the weather we had. leaden skies, damp fog and drizzle, when on my own I would have probably left the cameras in the bag and found a warm cosy pub or cafe. However being in the company of a group of experienced and capable photographers and having travelled long way the cameras had to come out and from all the results shown from everyone here there were some worthwhile photographs to be had. That is the benefit of these gatherings with the added bonus of enjoying excellent company when we do get into that cosy pub. Yes Bill one will be going into the next box.

Tony

Tony,

So pleased to hear you enjoy these gatherings and have come back with some very atmospheric images from our last Dartmoor in January trip.

You just can't beat the rain, mist, ice and freezing temperatures for great landscape images

Just beware of the giant icicles at Fogging Tor Quary!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 8th September 2020, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Lovely stuff Tony. Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh (as it were) when the present kerfuffle is over!
Old 8th September 2020, 12:17 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Lovely stuff Tony. Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh (as it were) when the present kerfuffle is over!
I don't know why, but 'Kerfuffle', (and another word I can't think of at present), is such a great word. I must try to use it in conversation more.

Terry S
Old 8th September 2020, 01:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Nice to hear from someone who is convinced we will all live long enough to see the end of the kerfuffle. I suspect it is going on forever. My outlook is more "Fiddler on the Roof" Sunrise, sunset, quickly flow the years

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies