Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th April 2012, 07:02 PM
Friend

Latest print.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6241.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1361  

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 11th July 2012, 04:18 PM
Friend

After a lengthy hiatus, I made a return to the darkroom today with the sole intention of kick-starting my photography.

Some time ago I uploaded an image to the 'Discussion Gallery' and although well received, it was suggested that I might consider printing to 16x12 instead of my usual 10x8. As a relative beginner, this was a rather scary notion but the attached thumbnail shows the results of my first foray into uncharted territory. I'm still making daft mistakes so I'm printing on RC for now but I have to say; I'm very pleased with the results.

My motivation and direction is still sadly lacking when it comes to my photography, but at least I'm back in the darkroom again.

Regards,

Richard
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Printing Now.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1453  

Last edited by Richard Lee; 11th July 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:07 AM
Friend

Richard,
When I saw your prints drying in your darkroom my first thought was stunning photo, wish I'd taken it!
It's from somewhere in North Yorkshire if I'm not mistaken?

It looks a excellent composition and well printed, nice and moody which really suits the subject.

It's great to see you've got back into your darkroom and I for one still make silly mistakes simply due to a lack of practice.

I'm going to PM you tonight.

- Minor White, 1950
Old 20th July 2012, 08:47 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
When I saw your prints drying in your darkroom my first thought was stunning photo, wish I'd taken it!
It's from somewhere in North Yorkshire if I'm not mistaken?

It looks a excellent composition and well printed, nice and moody which really suits the subject.

It's great to see you've got back into your darkroom and I for one still make silly mistakes simply due to a lack of practice.
Marty,

I'm very grateful for your gracious and encouraging comments although in truth there's a way to go before I too, am printing on 16x20" FB paper to your standards! Still, early signs are (fairly) encouraging.

To overcome my present malaise further, I've invested in a certain lo-fi camera from China which I'm hoping will re-kindle the photographic flame - or at least, put some fun back into my expeditions.

Anyway, thanks for kicking-off a great thread and I hope others will be similarly encouraged to make their own contribution.

Kindest regards,

Richard
Old 29th September 2012, 01:13 PM
Friend

Had a very satisfying printing session today - printed 2 negatives from 2005. While I enjoy printing new work I do believe it is worth ones time looking back on earlier work -I'm sure we all have a few hidden 'gems' worthy of our attention
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 29th September 2012, 09:22 PM
Friend

I was at the Castle Farm, Kent today, exposed 4 rolls of film, processed them this afternoon, just off to my darkroom to print them...
Old 2nd October 2012, 03:17 AM
Friend

After refurbishing my enlarger with new bellows and a self-built l.e.d. lightsource, I've been making small workprints of my 'Forest Floor' series; things I found in local woodland - fungi, feathers, leaves, flowers, a dead squirrel... Scanning negs is great but I think printing really gives one an idea of what's possible with the negative. Anyway it's great to be back in the darkroom after such a long absence. :-)
Old 2nd October 2012, 06:29 AM
Friend

I spent some time yesterday in my darkroom printed another 3 of my Hamptome bits and bobs series, and another of a ''Mascot'' on a car that I took after it made me laugh, and a pic of a really lovely old Harley Davidson motorcycle and it's owner, and with the very wet weather I will soon be back in there printing some more of my Coastal series
Richard
Old 12th October 2012, 06:09 PM
Friend

After a lot of months without work in my portable lab due to the high temperatures in summer, today I printed some 5x4 contacts and one 35 mm negative.

My first idea was to prepare a new developer —to me—, but the Ammonium Chloride didn't arrive in time so I must return to the D163.

Contact prints have been printed in Fomaspeed 311 and the 35mm image has been printed in Adox MCC 110 formated in 28x14 mm (2:1).

I'm very happy with results.
Old 10th November 2012, 07:33 PM
Friend

It's been proving difficult to get into the darkroom of late and hence my lack of participation in the print/neg exchanges.

I'm hoping this is all going to change at some point...

This is what I was able to turn out today and is one of three I'll be printing for the annual exhibition at the photo club.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6604copy.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1589  

- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies