Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th July 2013, 10:21 PM
Friend

Default Photos of Ely: Meetup planned for 21st September

I am breaking all my rules in publishing photos and I am only doing so to give you an idea of what Ely has to offer for the planned meet. I do hope I can interest photographers from London and East Midlands to think about meeting up with us East Anglians for an enjoyable day out on 21st September.

It was my first film that I took on a brand new Mamiya 645 1000s body that had laid in its original sealed box since new but in reality it was a bargain for £100 I offered the manager of a local charity shop. He took up my offer without hesitation. I guess he thought I was a 'nutter' and muttered 'films dead' and I muttered back 'its a collectors item really but I am going to use it as a camera with real film'. I paid and left before he could change his mind.

The details are:
  • Camera: Mamiya 645 1000s with 45mm Sekor C Mamiya wide angle lens and prism viewfinder. Hand held throughout film. All these at the infinity setting.
    Time: Between 13.30 and 16.00 on 7th June. Sun just past overhead.
    Film: Fuji Pro 160S Colour Neg at box speed.
    Exposures: All at 1/125 sec and in the range of F8 - f16. allowing for filter factors for polarizing filter-
    Processing: Commercial lab.

For me I was using a polarizing filter for the first time with colour film where I thought the sky was not deep enough blue and looking a bit washed out. I don't like the too dark pictures that we see all to often in photo mags with polarizers and I was trying for the middle ground as an attempt at getting deeper colours without looking too dark. I seem to have got away with it on some but perhaps not on others.

Please feel free to offer comments. There are four others that I published earlier today under my previous thread on cataracts which were where I had to manually focus. Sorry, you don't get to see the family shots on this trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Cathedral Green.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	1795   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Crimean Cannon.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	1796   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Minster Place.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	1797   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 The Gallery.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	1798   Click image for larger version

Name:	6 Grounds gatehouse.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	1799  

Click image for larger version

Name:	8 Cathedral grounds.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	1800   Click image for larger version

Name:	9 Tree blossoms.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	1801  
Old 6th July 2013, 03:36 AM
Friend

Hi Alan
Very nice photos, I know Ely well and if I can make arrangements then I would certainly like to join you there. I was last there at the beginning of September last year and stayed overnight at the Lamb, the next morning which was a lovely day I wandered round with my Mamiya 7ii and 330f the sky was perfect.
Regards
Richard
Old 6th July 2013, 08:35 AM
Friend

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like I'm in for a good day out, never been to Ely before, so something new.

Ely on Sept 21st, guess all I can say is bring it on and the more fadu members the merrier.

Ian
Old 6th July 2013, 08:54 AM
Friend

21st should be ok, although I may have t o makes day of it with the kids.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies