Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st April 2020, 02:57 PM
Friend

Default Ampulla Bottles.

I placed an order a few days ago with Ampulla for some large brown glass bottles to keep my chemicals in..
They stock all sorts of storage bottles, jars etc. for medicines, chemicals and foodstuffs.
I had an automatic email reply acknowledging the order, but as I have not seen any dispatch notice, I had a look at their website.
CLOSED TO CHECK THE STOCK.....is the notice on their website.
Hopefully they survive the lockdown and I eventually receive my order.
I think it will be happening more frequently for a couple of months yet with other suppliers.
I have had good service from them in the past and do hope they survive these troubled times.

Cheers all.
Old 1st April 2020, 03:23 PM
Friend

Nat, its notice suggests that they look likely to stay in business and indeed may be busier so it doesn't look like there is anything to worry about

Mike
Old 2nd April 2020, 02:18 PM
Administrator

The Ampulla website is back online.
Old 2nd April 2020, 02:34 PM
Friend

Thanks Mike and Bob.
I just had a peek there before I logged in here.
In my hall is a big box of 1 litre and 1/2 litre brown glass bottles. Arrived half an hour ago.
Not only am I happy that they arrived, but very happy that Ampulla have not closed. ( yet )

Cheers.
Old 6th April 2020, 05:32 PM
Friend

I tried to order a number of extra amber glass bottles today from Ampulla. They are not taking telephone calls because of staffing during the virus crisis and you have to order on line. OK, that's fine but the website was running exceedingly slow and when I eventually got the order completed and went to pay the checkout needed my E Mail. I put in my E Mail when it sent a message that I was a previous user and needed a password.

Now I have used them before, but what my password is/was I have no idea so I used the reset button and yes I was given another, but it didn't work. Instead there was a was a message in red telling me that I was not allowed to create another account. Lots of head shaking!

I E mailed the company asking for a clarification, but never received a reply. They have lost a customer because I found another supplier in the same town as them which sell exactly the same items at a cheaper price. If you want a change from Ampulla have a look at www.glassbottles.co.uk

Last edited by Barry; 7th April 2020 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Corrected url
Old 7th April 2020, 07:17 AM
Friend

Thanks for the link John however, the URL has a comma instead of a full stop after www It took my ancient old eyes five minutes to spot it.
Old 7th April 2020, 08:14 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

I’ve used these people for my brown glass bottles. Fast delivery and reasonably priced.
https://www.baldwins.co.uk/
Old 7th April 2020, 08:44 AM
Administrator

I use both Ampulla and Baldwins both have been excellent. It is probably not a good time at present to judge them?
Old 7th April 2020, 10:22 AM
Friend

Default Ampulla

I eventually received an E Mail this morning and stated that their website is old and is due to be replaced but has been put on hold. Then they also said I should have contacted them to get the pass word reset rather than using the button. OK how do I contact them? Only by E mail, but they did not make this abundantly clear on the website.

I may have been a little hasty but perhaps a short and to the point update to the existing website would have helped.
Old 7th April 2020, 11:44 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
They have lost a customer because I found another supplier in the same town as them which sell exactly the same items at a cheaper price.
I have had numerous similar problems with past used websites John. Luckily for me though, their resetting of password links have all worked IMMEDIATELY, which makes a much better customer experience. For we are told to NOT have the same password for different sites, but one can buy months or years ago from a site and then return much later. How is one supposed to know ALL of our older passwords if they are all different?

As said though, things are a little(!) different at the moment, but I do agree with your point about a small message on the website or when trying to order, would have helped with password changing. I can only presume that you didn't part with any money in the end?

Shame that they lost you as a customer and hopefully they will now fix the problem on their site, but as you have learnt, I ALWAYS check previously used sites prices against at least a few new ones, for as you have found, previous sellers are not always the cheapest second time around.

Stay well, don't get too stressed and thanks for the new links.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies