Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment Manuals > Manuals Discussion Forum

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th December 2016, 12:34 PM
Friend

I am becoming a subscriber: no issues received yet.
Old 7th December 2016, 04:06 PM
Friend

I would like to show my support for such a venture.

As for worrying about the quality of a PDF, there is no reason why one can't easily be made ready for home viewing and / or home printing. I have personally used a few PDF files for making into printed books for various groups that I belong to and the final books have been excellent.

As for ideas of what I would like to see in the magazine / PDF, may I initially suggest what used to be done in 'Black and White Photography' magazine? The 'negative swap' - where the taker and another person printing up the same negative with the end result being shown along with an explanation of the working method leading up to the end print. I note that it used to be done on this site, but not for a while and not with many participants. Are any other people still interested in resurrecting this at all?

Terry S
Old 7th December 2016, 04:33 PM
Friend

Default Update

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I spoke to the organiser of the Analogue Group in the Royal Photographic Society and they are VERY interested. I have been asked to forward on the reply I received from the editor of the German Magazine for their forum.

Now, as a well respected body, they do have clout and who knows, it may lead somewhere.

Last edited by John King; 7th December 2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 7th December 2016, 05:23 PM
Friend

I have the same concerns as those Mike posted earlier. In addition, if you're going to settle for a "magazine" that's a downloadable digital thing only, then how is that any advance on what we already get from this forum and others like it, plus the online magazines that already exist?
Old 7th December 2016, 05:51 PM
Friend

Default Hmmmmm!

To put it bluntly at the moment, I simply don't know, but if we don't try to organise something then we won't get anything. I may be wasting my time, but I feel strongly enough about the lack of a paper journal which is principally for our type of photography of some sort, or another I think that anything is better than nothing - for the time being. This is not costing you, me or anyone else anything except my time.

Irrespective of the German publication being PDF, If it is in English, it gives us another insight and ideas

Negative views never got anywhere
Old 7th December 2016, 08:19 PM
Friend

There's no need to be quite as offensive as that.
Old 8th December 2016, 01:50 PM
Friend

Michael, not wanting to make a mountain out of a mole hill but I didn't read John King's last post with any offense in it at all...?

Sometimes the thing with forums of any kind (and emails in general) is that the written word does not always come across with the feeling that the writer wanted it to and therefore some things are read into them that's not actually there in the first place.

I hope this makes sense and without being offensive at all, I think that we all need to lighten up a bit sometimes and not look too deep into comments, for I too have been accused of of saying something that I had no intention of implying on here before, so I know how these things can get out of hand very quickly.

End of sermon and wishing everyone a good day.

Terry S
Old 16th April 2017, 05:09 PM
Friend

Photoklassik have just announced on their Facebook page that they are getting close to an English edition; but the content won't be the same as the German - aimed more at US and Asian readers.
Old 16th April 2017, 08:08 PM
Friend

Default Photoclassik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Photoklassik have just announced on their Facebook page that they are getting close to an English edition; but the content won't be the same as the German - aimed more at US and Asian readers.
Heaven Help us. We are Doomed!
Old 17th April 2017, 10:16 AM
Friend

You could do a zine. They can be rough and ready but it is a hard copy on a budget and may be a good place to start. As the zine gains popularity so the quality could be upped as it go's along.

The main problem is getting content on time to keep it going and the dedication to make sure it keeps coming out on time. You cannot run things on good intentions You just have to look at the FADU year book that has died a death because people made promises and then backed out.

It is great to see all this enthusiasm for a dedicated mag.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies