Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th January 2024, 09:30 AM
Friend

Welcome James - I look forward to hearing how you progress with your new darkroom and seeing some images soon. An exciting time for you!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 18th January 2024, 01:00 PM
Friend

Welcome James

Good luck with your endeavours.

Martin
Old 20th January 2024, 07:05 PM
Friend

Welcome James.......from the northlands
Old 22nd January 2024, 07:33 PM
Friend

Welcome from another recent joiner. How did you get on with your F30? I always found that the focussing knob was badly placed always just behind the strip of negatives in the holder - and I never really got on with the red filter arrangement. On the other hand I've hung on to mine because it does convert into a handy copystand!
I tried colour 40 years ago but didn't get on with it - I don't have the patience!
Old 23rd January 2024, 01:25 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolyon View Post
Welcome from another recent joiner. How did you get on with your F30? I always found that the focussing knob was badly placed always just behind the strip of negatives in the holder - and I never really got on with the red filter arrangement. On the other hand I've hung on to mine because it does convert into a handy copystand!
I tried colour 40 years ago but didn't get on with it - I don't have the patience!
When I got the F30, it needed some maintenance as the focus was slipping, ie: knob turning, no movement. But once that was sorted out, it seemed fine as a basic enlarger.

They're very, very basic though. The filter drawer can't be removed without disturbing the negative, which makes split grade printing difficult. It does dismantle to a very small size though.

I've not attempted my first colour print yet, having been collecting all the equipment and chems. I found a used Paterson/colour analyser, which I've had a play around with and it seems straight forward enough to use. No idea how useful it will be in practice but we'll see.
Old 29th January 2024, 04:10 PM
Friend

Hi. I'm new here as well... and looking forward to finding me way around and making connections
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies