Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th April 2014, 03:59 PM
Friend

Default Ag Open Day 11 April: Launch of New Spursinn Chemistry!

Just wanted to make everyone aware of our forthcoming Open Day on Friday 11 April where we will be launching some new Spursinn developers:

SAM Classic film developer
SAM Velvet film developer
Geminus Universal film/paper developer

David Healey will be on hand to talk customers through the entire spursinn range too.

We will also be attended by:

Steven Brierely, Harman Technology Ilford
Steve Pointon, Fujifilm UK
Jeremy Roy, Tetenal
Miles Thompson, Kenro
John Herlinger, Fotospeed

Starts at 9am - no need to book in or anything, just turn up!

Matt
Old 5th April 2014, 09:36 AM
Friend

Would love to be there for the open day but distance means it would be finished before I got there. Good luck and when I need new dev this will be on my shopping list.
Old 5th April 2014, 04:24 PM
Friend

What may help those who cannot make it and that may include me is those who do make it, post any interesting comments based on their visit

There are reps from a few firms there including Ilford so I'd have thought that there must be interesting snippets of information to emerge from the day

Interesting that Ag has a Spursinn day when Bruce is also about to launch his Spursinn range.

Maybe with at least two U.K. stockists Spursinn products will be easier obtained in the U.K.

Thanks

Mike
Old 8th April 2014, 09:04 PM
Friend

Default new film and universal developers from Spürsinn

Spürsinn have just launched three new liquid developers. You may like some information from the press release:

Geminus—both a variable dilution paper developer, yielding prints with great detail and maximum blacks, and an economical, fine grain one-shot film developer (dilution 1+29) producing negatives of normal contrast, usable for 35mm, roll and large format film.

SAM Classic
—a replenishable, high quality film developer formulated to especially produce silver-based images which suit contemporary tastes in image contrast, SAM Classic is a variable dilution film developer yielding negatives with smoothly graded contrast and a wide tonal range, suited to the majority of photographic subjects.

SAM Velvet—offers the photographer more traditional contrast than SAM Classic, a particularly smooth rendering of subjects making it ideal for fine art photography, and enhanced tonal control through choice of dilution. Both SAM developers have push- and pull- capabilities and are replenishable, reducing volumes of water and constituent chemicals used, thereby minimising environmental impact.

These complement the existing Spürsinn HCD-2 and HCD-S, an ultra-versatile, one-shot, single or twin bath black and white film developer which offers excellent tonal range, a choice of fine, normal or prominent grain to suit the subject, ultra-fast development capability, and excellent push- and pull-processing. Tri-X for example can exposed at speeds from 50 to 3200 ISO.

Spürsinn photochemistry is imported into the UK by Keyphoto of Harpenden. We sell Spürsinn direct to education customers, and AG retail it to enthusiast - hence as Keyphoto's training and marketing manager I will be present at AG's open day this week to answer questions about Spürsinn products. For prices see our or AG's web site. I hope to see you there. I will have some special triall offers on HCD on the day.

Thank you to the moderators for allowing me to post this information.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:09 PM
Friend

Thanks jd. I have already asked some questions on a Spur HRX-3 thread with regard to the continuity of Spursinn products. One of our friends Bruce Robbins has said that the Spur and Spursinn relationship has broken down and in the future Spursinn will no longer receive Spur products

I has assumed that Spursinn HCD-2 and HCD-S were in fact Spur products but this may be a false assumption on my part

Bruce hasn't replied to my post but perhaps you will confirm that the current range of Spursinn products including HCD-2 and HCD-S will continue and are unaffected by the "divorce" of Spur and Spursinn

Thanks

Mike
Old 9th April 2014, 08:47 AM
Friend

Default Spursinn products

Hi

The HCD family, and Straight Black print developer, are Spursinn products so are continuing; Spursinn are no longer selling SPUR products like Acurol N and P. They are available through Keyphoto and AG.

Dave Healey
Old 12th April 2014, 08:37 AM
Friend

Default Spursinn and Spur

Just to clarify my last post; Spursinn products are available through Keyphoto and AG....neither of us stock SPUR products.
Old 12th July 2014, 01:03 PM
Friend

Default Spursinn photo chemistry

Due to a change in distribution arrangements, Spursinn film, print and universal developers, process sundries and alt. process chemistry is now available direct from Keyphoto only, and available for the public to purchase from the on-line/student shop.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies