Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th July 2020, 06:58 AM
Friend

Default Off menu... Ilford Ortho Plus in Paranol S?

Good morning!

I've had an idea for a portrait that might be interesting to shoot on ortho film, so I've ordered a couple of rolls of Ilford Ortho Plus.

I'm processing in Paranol S, because it came with a reasonably-priced bumper chemicals pack when I decided to process my own film... I've processed about a dozen films so far of four or five kinds and the Massive Dev Chart has been right on the money- I shouldn't be amazed at how well a hundred-and-fifty year-old technology works but it's been so exciting.

Massive Dev Chart doesn't have any suggestions for this combination... do any of you either have any idea of what time to use (have been using 1+50 but open to new things), of how to approach working out a time, or just some advice to use a different developer?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
Michael
Old 10th July 2020, 08:09 AM
Friend

Over the years I've used hundreds of boxes of Ilford Ortho film before it became Ortho Plus, but the change is minor like the upgrade to FP$ Plus and HP5 Plus.

Develop as if it's FP4 Plus, same times, essentially in practice it's an Ortho version of FP4.

Remember the 80 ISO is for Daylight, it's 40 ISO with Tungsten light.

Ian
Old 10th July 2020, 10:09 AM
Friend

I have never used tyhe Paranols but I have developed the new ortho plus in RO9/one shot, which is rodinol by another name, for 15 minutes at 1/50 with good results, also it can de developed for 9 minutes in 1/25,
Richard
Old 10th July 2020, 11:27 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
Develop as if it's FP4 Plus, same times, essentially in practice it's an Ortho version of FP4.
That seems like a good starting point. Thank you!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies