Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th October 2008, 09:59 AM
Friend

Default Spring Meeting 2009

We have selected a small hotel in the Lake District as a venue for the first of what we hope will many such meetings. Subsequent venues will be the subject for discussion and agreement between members, but we felt that we would take the decision this time.

The unorganised itinerary will be an eclectic mix of wineing, dining, and photography of both the spoken and practical variety.

The venue is to be the Forest Side Hotel, which is near Grasmere for the weekend of the 16th and 17th May 2009. The details may be found on their website HERE. You will see that you have a choice of room types and rates. The prices shown will apply for those booking, and paying a deposit before Christmas as will the special offers of an extra nights accommodation. They have a second site Grasmere Lodge HERE that features self-catering accommodation that may be of interest for those wishing to stay longer.

HOWEVER, you can only book by telephone, because their site is not set up for next years rates. Their phone number is 01 5394 35250 Quote the group name as Film and Darkroom User, and ask for the discount rate as detailed on the website if you intend staying 3 nights or more. They will want a 50% deposit with the booking.

I have booked and will be checking in on the afternoon of Friday the 15th May and staying thorough to the Monday the 18th. The first round is on me, and Barry is arranging the weather, so bring the (waterproof) suntan oil.
I'm looking forward to your company.
Old 8th October 2008, 01:24 PM
Friend

Dave,

Looks good - well done. Plenty of pics to do in the grounds by the look of it, Will try to attend if I can so will start checking dates for 2009 etc. Rather a long way from Cornwall though to drive in one go but will see what we can do.

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 8th October 2008, 04:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono-inthedark View Post
Dave,

Looks good - well done. Plenty of pics to do in the grounds by the look of it, Will try to attend if I can so will start checking dates for 2009 etc. Rather a long way from Cornwall though to drive in one go but will see what we can do.

Cheers,

Neil.
We were thinking especially of you Neil, knowing how much you enjoy driving.
Old 8th October 2008, 06:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
We were thinking especially of you Neil, knowing how much you enjoy driving.
Dave, I enjoy the driving Ok but I am not so sure about paying for the petrol. But I will admit the Anglesey petrol seemed cheap to what we pay around here

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 8th October 2008, 06:07 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono-inthedark View Post
Dave, I enjoy the driving Ok but I am not so sure about paying for the petrol. But I will admit the Anglesey petrol seemed cheap to what we pay around here

Cheers,

Neil.
Look on the brightside, it's down hill all the way back, so you will only use half the fuel.
Old 8th October 2008, 06:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Look on the brightside, it's down hill all the way back, so you will only use half the fuel.
Maybe but I will use x3 the amount on the way up trying to get there on time

Neil Souch
Old 8th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Friend

Quote:
Oi! Less of this heightist attitude. High Willhayes on Dartmoor is 631 meters (2037 ft) and the 3rd highest altitude pub in England is also on Dartmoor
Old 8th October 2008, 06:57 PM
Friend

I'm tempted - I don't drive but getting there by rail looks ok. I take it the area is pretty walking-friendly? (I know, but it'd be my luck to get the only place in the Lakes where you can't get anywhere without a car...)
Old 8th October 2008, 07:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I'm tempted - I don't drive but getting there by rail looks ok. I take it the area is pretty walking-friendly? (I know, but it'd be my luck to get the only place in the Lakes where you can't get anywhere without a car...)
The website quotes Windermere as being the nearest station, and I will be extremely surprised if there aren't spare car seats available for photographic forays.
Old 9th October 2008, 09:43 AM
Friend

I'm all booked! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Paul
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies