Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th January 2020, 10:20 AM
Friend

Default Silver print.

Just a heads up, I ordered some items from silverprint at the beginning of the month which they were slow to confirm and then told me it was out of stock and would be in two or three days which I accepted. As I was not in a hurry for as I was stocking up. I have just cancelled this order as there has been no sign that the stuff has arrived to be sent out. Now three weeks on.
My concern is that they are in trouble which would be a shame. Has anyone else had trouble?

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 28th January 2020, 11:10 AM
Friend

I have never used them because, compared to the likes of AG, Morco, or at a pinch Firstcall they are just too expensive for everyday items.
Old 28th January 2020, 11:14 AM
Friend

Mitch,

That's unlike Silverprint, did you contact them at all ?

They were slow to supply the ADOX FB paper I ordered a short while ago but the rest of my order arrived OK and they kept me updated. ALso the Adox was known to have a supply problem.

Too late now I know but I've always found that Silverprint respond well to emails and telephone calls.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 28th January 2020, 12:08 PM
Friend

I'm waiting for a small order of Ars Imago film. It was not shown as out of stock when I ordered it; but they e-mailed me a few days later to say that they expected delivery last week Nothing since then. They did lift my payPal payment as soon as I had placed the order, though.

I can wait: I'll try to remember to report back here.
Old 28th January 2020, 12:40 PM
Friend

I check across a lot of suppliers when ever I need to buy anything photographically. Some suppliers cost more but are cheaper with p/p etc etc. There are so many variables.

But I put an order in with the 10% off that Silverprint gave recently, as this did make them cheaper than anywhere else at that time. It did take a day or two longer than previous orders with them, but I expect that the 10% off produced a few more orders than normal for them.

Terry S
Old 28th January 2020, 01:03 PM
Friend

I have not used silver print for some time as the last time I ordered anything only 1/2 of my order arrivied, a week later, with the rest showing as in stock, but arriving 10 days later. and checking time of dispatch it was dispatched late, when I eventualy got an Email no apoligie, just saying an error occured, I stick to Firstcall and Process supplies, everything always arrivies within the 2 days, also I do find in general Silverprint tend to be more expensive than either Firsycall or Process supplies
Richard
Old 28th January 2020, 05:14 PM
Friend

My limited experience with silverprint is mixed. They can sometimes have items that other suppliers dont stock which is positive but there stock levels shown on the internet dont always correspond with reality. I also find that they could be more proactive with regards to customer service.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 28th January 2020, 05:27 PM
Friend

I have just had delivered some Ilford RC Cooltone - which was on back order for about 3 weeks with AG.

So it might not be Silverprints issue - there was obviously some delivery issues from Ilford.

Ilford normally get orders out to suppliers in 3~5 days.

Martin
Old 28th January 2020, 07:01 PM
Friend

It's worth bearing in mind this is Silverprint (MkII) after the original company's sale, now based in Brighton and no longer the UK's premiere source of B&W and other darkroom materials founded by Martin Reed and based in London.

A different reputation.

Ian
Old 28th January 2020, 07:08 PM
Friend

I have just received some ilford paper and film from them. It took longer than usual, nearly 2 weeks, as they did not have the items in stock.

Tags
orders, silverprint, trouble
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies