Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th November 2018, 01:21 PM
Friend

Default Iford swatch books

I've just been browsing the Ilford website, which appears to have been updated since I last looked at it.

So, just because so many people over the years have voiced that they wanted one, but they have been out of stock etc.

I therefore thought that I'd let you all know that the Ilford Swatch Books are back in stock.

I've had one for years and refer to it quite often, but especially when it comes to ordering something different from their range of papers, but especially any of the ones that I haven't tried yet.

https://www.ilfordphoto.com/catalog/...-2/category/3/

Terry S

PS I also thought that Harman.com was a website that belonged to Ilford, but now it seems to be a Samsung owned hi-fi orientated set of pages...?
Old 20th November 2018, 02:28 PM
Friend

Terry I don't think that Harman as it was after the Ilford management buy-out and is now part of Pemberstone Ventures was ever officially called Harman.com.

I think it was referred to as Harman Technology and I have it bookmarked as Ilford Harman Technology but when I click on that bookmark it gives me Ilfordphoto.com which Pemberstone have rightly kept

It's like the joke. I went to Harman.com for film and came away with a music centre

Mike
Old 21st November 2018, 12:06 PM
Friend

The Harman Kardon HiFi equipment was around before Ilford in Mobberley split from it's original Ilford Ltd owners, the Swiss owned company that was once part of Ciba Geigy and.

Hence the Harman Technology company who have the rights to use the Ilford brand name.

Ian
Old 22nd December 2021, 04:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
So, just because so many people over the years have voiced that they wanted one, but they have been out of stock etc.

I therefore thought that I'd let you all know that the Ilford Swatch Books are back in stock.

I've had one for years and refer to it quite often, but especially when it comes to ordering something different from their range of papers, but especially any of the ones that I haven't tried yet.

Terry S
Just browsing some older posts, I came across this one about Ilford swatch books, that previously were quite hard to get a copy of.

Well, just following the link, they appear to have been updated and look quite different to the one that I have.

I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open, for when Ilford do a free p/p offer again and shall be ordering one then, mostly so that I can look at their most recent papers that I haven't tried.

And at only £6.99, I'm sure that it's also a lot cheaper than the one that I bought in the past!

The link again is:

Terry S
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:17 PM
Friend

Quote:

And at only £6.99, I'm sure that it's also a lot cheaper than the one that I bought in the past!

Terry S
Yes Terry I seem to recall a thread or maybe more than one thread on this very subject on Photrio or was it here?

I feel sure that there was considerable "wailing and gnashing of teeth" at the price of a book so I am sure it was a lot more than £6.99 as it now is.

Mike
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:44 PM
Friend

Quote:
Just browsing some older posts, I came across this one about Ilford swatch books, that previously were quite hard to get a copy of.

Well, just following the link, they appear to have been updated and look quite different to the one that I have.

I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open, for when Ilford do a free p/p offer again and shall be ordering one then, mostly so that I can look at their most recent papers that I haven't tried.

The link again is:

Terry S
Oh bother !

I recently bought a load of stuff directly from them in their Black Friday sale.

I'd have included one of these if I had thought about it.

They used to be as common as hens teeth.

Martin
Old 22nd December 2021, 09:15 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post

They used to be as common as hens teeth.

Martin
Martin, don't know if you ever used Nova Darkroom as they used to call themselves back in the day when it was located in Warwick on a small industrial estate but they used to have a couple of these books hanging on a hook by the counter with pictures of Ronnie Scott if I remember

Stewart or was that Stuart Band was their main darkroom man then It was like an Aladdin's cave for a newcomer like me

Nice guy was Mr Band, Very Helpful

Mike, indulging in a bit or rambling
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:59 PM
Friend

And rereading the Ilford page, the books are all 'handprinted' as well!

Terry S
Old 23rd December 2021, 01:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Martin, don't know if you ever used Nova Darkroom as they used to call themselves back in the day when it was located in Warwick on a small industrial estate but they used to have a couple of these books hanging on a hook by the counter with pictures of Ronnie Scott if I remember

Stewart or was that Stuart Band was their main darkroom man then It was like an Aladdin's cave for a newcomer like me

Nice guy was Mr Band, Very Helpful

Mike, indulging in a bit or rambling
Hi Mike

Yes, NOVA moved out of Warwick (which was about 10 miles from me) to a little industrial estate tucked away in the middle of nowhere just outside Stratford on Avon - which is about 3 miles away.

It was very kind of them to be so helpful.

Their Aladdin's Cave of darkroom stuff is no longer such an Aladdin's Cave but it is still a nice place to wander around - but it can be painful on the wallet

Martin
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
Hi Mike

Yes, NOVA moved out of Warwick (which was about 10 miles from me) to a little industrial estate tucked away in the middle of nowhere just outside Stratford on Avon - which is about 3 miles away.

Martin
How I wish at times that there was any sort of place like this close to me.

It must be really handy, when you realise that you just need one VERY small item. For the rest of us to get it delivered, we'd have to accept paying a high p/p charge instead!

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies