Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th November 2019, 08:29 AM
Banned

I only had one, the Pentax 645 NOT AF as I didn't want AF, and it was superb
Old 29th November 2019, 12:40 PM
Friend

Svend - so, did you get one in the end? If so which one and what was your final reasoning?

I have and love my Fuji GA645Zi, which is a 6 x 4.5 camera. a good weight and a lovely sharp lens . I also have and love my Bronica SQB, for which I have a 6 x 4.5 back, for when I want that format, although I bought it for the 6 x 6 format, which I love to use.

Terry S
Old 29th November 2019, 01:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Rick View Post
It's the first model with metal chassis and 1/500 top shutter speed originally purchased in Jan 1981.
OK, that helps a bit. What part of the world do you live in? Your profile doesn't say.

If you're in the UK or Europe, how about listing it in the For Sale section here? You're likely to end up with as fair an offer as anywhere.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Svend - so, did you get one in the end? If so which one and what was your final reasoning?

I have and love my Fuji GA645Zi, which is a 6 x 4.5 camera. a good weight and a lovely sharp lens . I also have and love my Bronica SQB, for which I have a 6 x 4.5 back, for when I want that format, although I bought it for the 6 x 6 format, which I love to use.

Terry S
Hi Terry,

No purchase yet. Too busy at work, and lots of travel....no time for camera shopping, or even just getting out and taking pictures. What little photography I've been doing has been with my smaller TLRs (Rolleiflex and Autocord) which are wonderful to use. Such a pleasant change from the big C330. And I've been playing with my old Pentax MX again -- haven't touched that little beauty in decades...wonderful!

Whenever I do pull the trigger on a 645 I will let you know. Things should slow down in the new year and then I will have the time to think about it.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svend View Post
Whenever I do pull the trigger on a 645 I will let you know. Things should slow down in the new year and then I will have the time to think about it.
Just a thought... but after I've done my Chrimbo shopping, I always treat myself to something, just in case I don't get want I want from Santa on Christmas day!

Sometimes a cheap and small item and sometimes something a bit bigger! It all really depends upon how much I spend on others and what's left in the money pot...

Terry S
Old 29th November 2019, 02:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Just a thought... but after I've done my Chrimbo shopping, I always treat myself to something, just in case I don't get want I want from Santa on Christmas day!

Sometimes a cheap and small item and sometimes something a bit bigger! It all really depends upon how much I spend on others and what's left in the money pot...

Terry S
Terry, we think alike! That's something I do as well. My dilemma (and it's not a bad one to have), is that I have too many cameras. I made a pact with myself that if I want to buy another, then I have to sell one. One-in, one-out. That requires some deep consideration. And emotional detachment too, as I love them all...(well, most of them anyway).

As for Christmas spending, yes, that's another weakness. I spend far too much on others so there's not much left in the cookie jar come Boxing Day....a few nickels and dimes is all

Last edited by Svend; 29th November 2019 at 02:25 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies