Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th December 2019, 12:05 PM
Friend

Keith as you live in London you may find the Film and Darkroom group of the LIP (London Indrpendent Photography) of some interest. It is a group of people using film and darkroom printing who meet once a month for informal discussion and exchange of ideas and work but non-competative. I have listed below the details of future meetings. Acess is a bit obscure you have to ring the bell by the left hand side door to get into the crypt.

Tony

Our next F&D group meeting is this coming Wednesday 6th November at The Octavia Room, St John's Crypt, Waterloo Road, London SE1 8TY starting at 6.30pm prompt. There will be a charge of £3 per head to cover the room hire charge.
We will be looking at prints produced for the group project "South Bank", so please bring yours to show and tell. + any other new images you have....

Future meeting days to be the first Monday of the month. So our future meetings are planned for

Wednesday 4th December – social meeting, not at The Octavia Room
Monday 6th January
Monday 3rd February
Monday 2nd March
Monday 6th April

Monday 11th May (4th is a Bank Holiday)
Monday 1st June.
Old 24th December 2019, 04:20 PM
Administrator

There are only about 3 different size enlarging lens mounting thread sizes and as Ian says above, M39 is by far the most common for lenses for 35mm and medium format negatives. But it looks like you have more than enough skills to make any adaptor plate you may need!

The digital Vs film wars have mostly subsided now with only the occasional local skirmish flaring up from time to time We on FADU for example have a deep moat and high walls to fend off any digital related discussion as we find that is the best way to avoid blood spoiling the decor

Have fun!

Last edited by Bob; 24th December 2019 at 10:55 PM.
Old 24th December 2019, 09:34 PM
Friend

Thanks for the heads up on the LIP group. Can’t do the 1st meeting of the year as prior commitment but keen to contact them to for subsequent meetings.
The whole digital/analogue thing seems to run across many aspects of our lives/hobbies.I love tinkering with my old bikes but have no interest in plugging in a pc on the new one. I love playing an instrument but have no interest in writing music on garage band. I’m sure I could do lots of fancy stuff on a digital camera and spend hours in front of a pc - but I really really really don’t want to do that. There’s a real joy in doing things in an old school style!! Keith MM
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:51 AM
Friend

I picked up a Durst 707 BW yesterday. I am also lacking a manual. Did you have any luck finding one? The only part I am missing is a 35 mm negative holder that I’m hoping to pick up somewhere.
Old 5th January 2020, 11:33 AM
Friend

Hi, the only one I found was via a link posted earlier (the page has red font on a black background) but it’s in French. I’m also looking for a negative carrier and a 80mm condenser lens. If one pops up on eBay with bidding I suggest we discuss as we could drive the price up stupidly. I will have access to an enlarger at the school I work in so don’t desperately need to bid high and stupid to get it. As I say let’s discuss as I can hold back and defer to you if necessary. Likewise let me know if you have one and don’t need to bid. Does yours have a meter attached as well? I can’t figure out what to do with it (my French is very poor). I can see it is connected to the variable 0-100 gauge /LED thing on the top LHS.
Best regards
Keith mm
Old 5th January 2020, 05:14 PM
Friend

Hi Keith. I have the negative holder and now have 35 mm inserts as of yesterday so I won’t be bidding against you. Someone on Talk Photo has kindly offered to upload the manual. If they do so, I’ll send it on to you
Old 5th January 2020, 09:08 PM
Friend

Smile

Great news on getting sorted! Many thanks for offer of sending copy of manual. Keith MM
Old 14th January 2020, 04:51 PM
Friend

Sorry, waited and waited but no manual was forthcoming so we are back to square one!
Old 14th January 2020, 09:43 PM
Friend

Thanks any way. I’m just waiting for a negative carrier from Italy and then I should be done. Does yours have the little meter that moves around the base plate?any idea how to use it? I still have to sort out blocking light in my intended room so still using enlarger at work
Old 14th January 2020, 10:14 PM
Friend

Keith I checked to see if there were any posts on Photrio about manuals for your Durst and there were a few only but in each case the owner of the manual who offered to scan and send it to the then requestor has since had no presence on Photrio for a number of years so they all look like dead-ends now.

We may have a revival of film but there are few signs that analogue darkroom equipment or manuals of such is getting any easier to source unfortunately

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies