Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Articles > Articles

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
FADU F-stop Enlarger Timer App for Android
Bob
20th August 2018
FADU F-STOP ENLARGER TIMER

The project files for the FADU F-stop Enlarger Timer have now been moved to GitHub as that is a more appropriate place to maintain the project - but read on for an overview and release...
By Bob on 31st July 2023, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillari View Post
Hi Bob,

For those who asked for the possibility of connecting a Bluetooth foot switch, it is possible, without modifying the code!
You have to install a key map app in the phone, following this instructions.
https://rivas.cloud/2023/07/21/fadu-...dal-bluetooth/
Regards,
Ariel
Hi Ariel.

What a great idea!

Google Translate does a decent job on that site for English speakers (I noticed in my Google App statistics page that the app was particularly popular in Spain ).

And I note that there are Bluetooth foot switches for sale on Amazon - but BT is notoriously temperamental, so I have no idea if they will work with anyone's specific phone/tablet.

Thanks for the head's-up on that feature - always good to learn something new!

Cheers, Bob.
By tillari on 12th August 2023, 07:45 PM

Bad news Bob,
With the new version of the firmware, 3.7.6, the device ID parameter must be filled in. So, BASIC R3 and PULSE R3 modes doesn't work with updated devices...
For SONOFF mode, you have to update the flashing instrucions to find the device ID number and include it in the POSTs commands.

Regards,
Ariel
By Bob on 14th August 2023, 10:14 AM
Unhappy

Ah... Thanks for the head's-up Ariel

Seems the manufacturer's of this kind of hardware are adding more hoops to jump through... I guess it is in the interests of greater security for IOT devices, which is a good thing generally, but it does not make hacking this stuff any easier!

TBH, I'm not sure I am going to find the motivation to update the system any more to design around the issues that keep appearing with each new Sonoff firmware update, so I think this is as far as I go with it now.

Cheers!
Comment
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search