Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd November 2017, 10:33 AM
Friend

Default Hauck electronic 11 repairs

Hi,
I have nearly completed building a new darkroom with gear that has been in storage for about 12 years.
My enlarger timer was fine for about two weeks after 'coming out of retirement' then the display stopped working.
Three questions;
Is it repairable?
Is it worth repairing on a cost value basis
Suggestions please for who might repair it.

Appreciate any thoughts.

With reference to another thread on building darkrooms, I have insulated this one on all six sides and will run the neg dryer if it gets cold

Thanks

David
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:33 PM
Friend

I don’t know if there are people who would repair it, but there are lots of timers available on the secondhand market. It pays to shop around as prices vary considerably. I use Beauerle digital models which I can recommend. They are quick and easy to set, or reset to zero as required.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I don’t know if there are people who would repair it, but there are lots of timers available on the secondhand market. It pays to shop around as prices vary considerably. I use Beauerle digital models which I can recommend. They are quick and easy to set, or reset to zero as required.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will go along with the recommendation for Beaurie timers. It would probably be cheaper than someone repairing your own.
If an electrical component has expired getting hold of one can be time consuming that is if you can find what you are looking for. With no certainty of it working if you do find whatever it is. That's what I don't like about electronics, unless you are well versed in electronics you will probably struggle.
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:14 PM
Friend

Alex, it's "Baeuerle", from the German name Bäuerle.
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:52 PM
Friend

Thanks, Michael! You are quite correct. I knew they were a German company. They made the Leitz branded timers for use with the Leica V35 enlarger. I think they also use the Stag brand name in some markets.
Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
electronic, repairs, timer
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies