Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th September 2021, 05:56 PM
Friend

I'm rapt to see any new developments which get people into the Darkroom. The local second hand dealer always tells the newbies about scanning and I then start going in to raptures about the darkroom and how easy it is to set up 😁

I'm very much the opposite to you, Collas, when it comes to scanning. I simply don't enjoy it at all. Making a proper proof print is far quicker for me and it also tells me so much more about my exposures, contrast and any faults in my camera or process. As a bonus, I have a tactile, visual diary which spans the past decade or so and I can flip through the folders any time I like.

I print primarily for photo albums (too many bookcases lining every wall to go hanging large photographs) and I love that I can look through them whilst curled up in front of the fire.
There's nothing quite like the glare of a computer screen to ruin a trip down memory lane!
Old 19th September 2021, 11:55 AM
Friend

Default And the three are finally reveiled...

And here they are...

A 'Pop up darkroom', an 'ILFORD and Paterson darkroom starter kit' and a 'ILFORD 35mm gift calendar', which is described as a 'free-standing advent-style calendar with 12 windows', which contain 'a range of ILFORD or Kentmere films and other goodies. The price, while not yet determined will be less than purchasing the included gifts separately and... ILFORD are keeping the actual gift list very close to their chest to make sure it’s a surprise.'

Out of the three, for me, would be the calendar, although in the past, a decent and well priced pop up darkroom would of been on my wish / buy list.

https://emulsive.org/articles/news/g...m-ilford-photo

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies