Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th March 2022, 08:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
I just received a beautiful print form alexmuir, a disused military establishment in Berlin.

I really enjoy this. A well made 13x18 print is a real jewelery. And it is well made. I like the papr, Multigrade FB matt.

Thank you!

Thanks Uwe! I’m glad you like it.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 5th March 2022, 06:03 AM
Friend

> But is that a 13 x 18 print in inches or centimeters Uwe?

I am a continental fellow, it is centimeters.

I have some type of exhibition in my lab: Two bulletin boards with photographs from exchanges. Your print found a place there. That happens not too often.
Old 5th March 2022, 10:25 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Print gone.

Yes, I know, "at last . . ."
Hi Colin, your prints arrived here on the 3rd but I’ve been away for a few days and only just got back, so sorry for the delay in posting.

The main print, is a lovely panoramic of rocks in the sea, full of sea spray and surf. I’m quite partial to coastal scenes myself and I can definitely feel all of my senses being triggered! And although the weather looks absolutely glorious, the printing has retained all of the textures and details associated with much softer diffuse light.

The 4x5 contacts are an extra bonus and show more ‘intimate’ natural scenes. I especially like the warmth of tone on the flower shot.

Many thanks, Colin. I really appreciate your selection.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 7th March 2022, 03:27 PM
Administrator

My contribution is finally on its way. Apologies again for my lateness!

I need to take a leaf out of Uwe's book and be setup and ready to send straight away (and hence, in my case, not allow time for brain-farts to occur!).

Last edited by Bob; 7th March 2022 at 03:33 PM.
Old 16th March 2022, 04:49 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
My contribution is finally on its way. Apologies again for my lateness
Hi Bob, just to let you know that your envelope has been received. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but all going well, I'll have a good look at what's been received and hopefully comment on Friday.

Many thanks,

Terry S
Old 19th March 2022, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Thanks for letting me know Terry: I was getting worried the postal dragon had eaten the envelope - especially given how abysmally late I was getting it out.

Delivery services seem to have something in for me lately - I am currently waiting in for a delivery of Winchester bottles that I ordered 12 days ago.
Old 19th March 2022, 12:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Thanks for letting me know Terry: I was getting worried the postal dragon had eaten the envelope...

Delivery services seem to have something in for me lately - I am currently waiting in for a delivery of Winchester bottles that I ordered 12 days ago.
My deliveries of late are about the same Bob. Letters and other items lately are postmarked between 3 to 4 weeks ago! But on the other hand, I am also receiving mail posted just a day or two ago as well. The worst has been a returned Christmas card, marked 'Not known at this address', received recently, making the return about 8+ weeks! And I am usually praising the speed of PO deliveries - but not so much lately...

Anyway, Bob has sent to me for this round, a new print and a small collection of prints, with some being copies from earlier exchanges, as he wasn't prepared, as he didn't realise that he had signed up for this round. No worries there Bob, some of my prints are sent late even when I'm in the know!

They've all lovingly been printed on FB papers, which I like to use too, when I know I have the time. They definitely look totally different in the hand to RC papers and I appreciate the time gone into making them, so thanks Bob.

The new print is a close up of some rocks through which softly blurred water runs between them. As Bob says, it has probably taken centuries, if not millennia for the water to have made it's journey through them. Very nice.

Of the others, I do like the forest of trees in the Lake District and the contrasty shot of an old sunflower in front of an old metal shed, that I think I may have commented on, when first shown in a previous PE.

Many thanks once more Bob, all are much appreciated.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies