Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th June 2021, 08:40 AM
Friend

http://buhla.de/Foto/batt-adapt-US.pdf

Above is a link to the best information I have found about battery upgrades, and adapters.

The subject came up a long time ago and I put the link on here some place.

I think your camera took the PX27 battery. Check on the Butkus camera manuals site, free access to loads of manuals.

Look at page five on this link for the solutions to your problem.

Cheers.
Old 19th June 2021, 12:43 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeinv View Post
I have Minox model Leica M3. Probably the last model Leica made. It uses a memory chip and runs on a CR2 battery. It’s a very scaled down version of the M3. It has a fixed Minoctar 10.3 mm digital lens. I bought it just to have a Minox. Bummer you have to get batteries from the States.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What is a “memory chip”? I haven’t heard of that. Thanks.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 19th June 2021, 06:22 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeinv View Post
I have Minox model Leica M3. Probably the last model Leica made. It uses a memory chip and runs on a CR2 battery. It’s a very scaled down version of the M3. It has a fixed Minoctar 10.3 mm digital lens. I bought it just to have a Minox. Bummer you have to get batteries from the States.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Don't understand what you mean by "the last model Leica made". These are toy compact digital cameras made by Minox hence the memory chip and as such are not relevant to this forum. Why are CR2 batteries only available in the States? They are a standard battery sold by many compnaies in the UK including people like Amazon and Screwfix.

Bill
Old 19th June 2021, 06:26 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastman View Post
but then discovered that the original batteries for this little gem are no longer available as we are saving the planet or something or other
Tim G
The same applied to the old Mercury cells - 1.35v PX625. (And mercury thermometers)

They were phased out perhaps 18 years ago on the same premise, but still continued to produce fluorescent tubes which contain a quantity of mercury. They are only now proposing stopping their production.
Old 19th June 2021, 01:22 PM
Friend

I was taught by my old science teacher that there is a case for both mercury and spirit thermometers.
Mercury thermometers have a faster response to temperature change, and are useful for experiments.
Whilst slower to respond, spirit thermometers can cover a larger range at sub zero temperatures.
Even in the sixties mercury was a subject of concern to people.

Cheers.
Old 23rd June 2021, 07:45 PM
Friend

Default Minox battery adapter

I have a Minox 35GL. About 15 year's ago I bought, from Minox, an adapter that takes 2 CR 1/3N batteries.

Have a search around a well known auction site substitutes seem to be available.

Another alternative is to adopt the same approach as that used for the Yashica Electro 35 - a tube of the correct length and 4x lr44s
Old 22nd October 2021, 05:51 AM
Friend

eBay are selling PX27 batteries that are a 6V replacement
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies