Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th October 2021, 02:47 PM
Administrator

The October gallery is open for submissions.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 14th October 2021, 06:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
My prints are in the mail Enjoy!
And were delivered in The Netherlands today.

Uwe sent me three large prints, beautifully printed on Ilford MGIV RC paper.
The prints are signed in the lower right corner with an embossing showing Uwe's signature. A refined detail which gives a luxurious feel to the prints.

The first print shows a closeup of a flower in Uwe's garden, a Canna Indica, where water drops are on the leaves of the flower.
There is a good separation between the flower and the background, which is nicely blurred but still detailed enough to show that this flower was photographed surrounded by nature.

Secondly a photo of a "strange house" as Uwe calls it, where you see a flag accompanied by two faces on tiles/plates, they look as if they are sculptures in the plates.
What immediately caught my eye, is that the subject must have been quite a bit above eye level (you can just see the top of a window or door in the bottom of the frame), but the bricks of the building are very parallel to the print edges. Well done!

The final photo shows the statue of a sculpted angel, taken in Limburg an der Lahn in Germany.
Taken with his Rolleiflex 3.5F on Fomapan 100, the detail is absolutely wonderful in this print. Shadows, highlights, it all falls together.
Definitely my favourite of the three!

All photos were shot on Fomapan films, the first and second being 200ISO and the latter 100ISO, making me want to try Foma's films again.
Until now I haven't shot much of it because I didn't seem to be able to get them to work for me, but these definitely show me that it's a capable film!
Thank you Uwe, I will gladly add them to my collection!
Old 15th October 2021, 06:42 AM
Friend

Thank you for your kind words! I am still on a holiday travel, but I put the prints in the gallery next days.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A202F mit Tapatalk
Old 15th October 2021, 11:31 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Posted my print today.
Frank
And arrived yesterday, thanks. It is a print of a photo taken on 6×6 negative of a chapel pictured through some vines. It is very rich in tonal texture with vines in the sun and shadow, complete with a hand written covering note.

It is good to get hand written letters through the post these days. My handwriting is and always has been very poor and illegible so that as much as I would like to do the same, I don't think it would be very helpful!

Thanks, Mike
Old 15th October 2021, 11:59 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering is in the post.

Mike
And finally received, thanks Mike.

First off, Mike made a mild apology in his letter, for sending prints of his 'usual camera fodder'. No apology required! For this is what I love about the Print Exchanges, is seeing what other members interests are and then pictures they take whilst doing 'it'.

Personally, I've never really settled on just one point of interest and generally take a camera with me most places and take pictures of things that catch my eye, i.e. my output is a bit mixed, although I do find myself enjoying taking, printing and then looking at pictures of architecture in all it's many forms firstly.

But onto Mike's prints, two to be precise; a working print and a final print.

The print was taken not far from his home, he says, with the subject being 'slowly disintegrating' buildings, in some disused slate quarries.

I, like many, also like to take pictures of broken, rundown architecture and with a bit of side lighting, as Mike got, details in the brick etc. can be brought out, as well giving a lovely range of darker tones.

I can tell that Mike enjoyed printing this one, from the notes of his manipulations, that he included in the letter.

It looks like a great place to explore Mike.

Many thanks for the print(s).

Terry S

P.S. And well done Mike, for recycling the envelope that I sent my last offering in to you. It's something that I also like to try and do, but not just on here, but in general, some senders almost mummify their envelopes and packages in tape, making the envelope or wrapper totally unusable a second time.
Old 16th October 2021, 09:23 AM
Print Exchange Manager

I have uploaded a scan of the print but have succeeded in doing so into the wrong Gallery. Please could a Mod. move it to the Exchange Gallery.

Thanks, Mike
Old 16th October 2021, 09:51 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Image moved.

Bill
Old 16th October 2021, 07:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering is in the mail today.

It's a good feeling not to be in a rush and also not to be the last to send theirs, for once!

Terry S
And it arrived in my letterbox today, which isn’t bad going!

Terry has sent 2 postcard sized prints taken in the formal garden of Priory Park, one of his local haunts. The formal design of the garden is also reflected in the composition of the subject matter with predominantly vertical and horizontal planes. The photos have been sympathetically printed, combining diffuse overcast lighting together with sensitive processing and the best qualities of the Ilford Art 300 paper, all adding an air of pictorialism.

Many thanks, Terry. A successful day out and in the darkroom!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 18th October 2021, 02:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Hi Richard,
Well received today! I am very happy to have found three wonderful photographs from the country life museum. The two still lifes are again proof of your mastering the art of the ART paper. The spinner is simply perfect in every way. You could not have better framed the story and the pictured the model to tell the story. Bravo!
Frank
Thanks Frank Glad you
Like them

Richard
Old 19th October 2021, 11:39 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Terry has sent 2 postcard sized prints taken in the formal garden of Priory Park, one of his local haunts.
It's always good to hear when prints arrive at their destination and thank you Marty for the comments.

I'm quick this month sending my offering out and have even put them in the gallery in good time, although they appear a bit softer than the originals - but isn't that often the case?

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies