Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th January 2022, 03:29 PM
Friend

Sebastiaan, your very acceptable print arrived with today's post (other items I'm expecting have been far slower; so this was good). It's a flowering stem of what I think is a Prunus, fairly sure it's a member of Rosaceae at any rate, taken with what you term a "semi-macro" lens. It is very accurately focused and exposed and the out of focus areas are most attractive. Lovely black shadows in the leaves and all the flower parts in good detail. I like this very much; and thank you. I must do a separate post asking for the gallery to be opened.
Old 12th January 2022, 03:30 PM
Friend

This month's gallery isn't open yet. Could someone take a look, please?
Old 13th January 2022, 11:31 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Sebastiaan, your very acceptable print arrived with today's post (other items I'm expecting have been far slower; so this was good). It's a flowering stem of what I think is a Prunus, fairly sure it's a member of Rosaceae at any rate, taken with what you term a "semi-macro" lens. It is very accurately focused and exposed and the out of focus areas are most attractive. Lovely black shadows in the leaves and all the flower parts in good detail. I like this very much; and thank you. I must do a separate post asking for the gallery to be opened.
Glad you like the print Michael. Delivery was quite fast indeed!
And I think you might very well be right, the Prunus family comes very close to what I saw in real life.
I'll upload it to the gallery once it's open.
Old 13th January 2022, 06:52 PM
Friend

Hi All, I would just like to Thank Panfrank for a print he sent me event though I could not take part in this months exchange, it is a fine FB print of some candles in a church, Thanks Frank.
Now y good news, I have today been cleared by my Consu0ltant as fit and well, and will be signing up for next months exchange, and getting back on Fadu properly from Febuary, in the meantime we are of for a quite holiday in Sark, the most peaceful of the Channel Islands, there are no cars, onl6y a few old tractors, a lot of push bikes, and Horse drawn vehicles, also my best wishes to Terry, get well from Covid soon and take it easy
Richard
Old 13th January 2022, 07:25 PM
Friend

Have a good break, Richard. I hope you get decent light there.
Old 13th January 2022, 08:19 PM
Friend

Thanks Michael, The light is great over here at the moment, and in Sark it is always great. no pollution, and it is one of the very few dark sky places, with no street lighting, it is like stepp8ing back 0in time, and a peaceful time us what we need after last year, and no Covid problems, I think there have been 2 or 3 over the pandemic
Richard
Old 14th January 2022, 12:44 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
...also my best wishes to Terry, get well from Covid soon and take it easy
Richard
Many thanks Richard. I think I'm over the worst of it. I'm now taking a test each day with crossed fingers for a negative result, so I can get out and about again. I'm beginning to feel a bit like a caged animal.

It's good to hear your news, so have a good break.

Terry S
Old 16th January 2022, 10:35 AM
Administrator

The January Gallery is now open. Apologies, but I have been preoccupied since shortly after Christmas and things piled up somewhat...

Cheers, Bob.
Old 17th January 2022, 12:00 PM
Friend

Left my print in the Post Office an hour ago.
Old 19th January 2022, 07:06 PM
Friend

Posted my print today. Hope it is faster than my Christmas present for Richard. :-)
Frank
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies