Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd September 2009, 01:59 PM
Friend

Default FP4 N+ & N- Film Development

Does anyone have any experience with developing FP4 for N+ and N- development.

I have done quite a lot of N+/N/N- development using HP5 but have never tried it with FP4.

Looking at the shape of the films shoulder I am not sure if FP4 is suitable for +/- development.

Maybe Delta 100 is a more suitable candidate

Anyone care to share their experiences

Martin
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:51 AM
Friend

Martin,
Not sure why you think FP4+ may not be suitable for n- development.
I have used it in bright sunny conditions (highlights on zone 9, at least) rated at 64 and developed it so it printed on grade 2 paper. This probably equates to N-1 or N-2. I used the following methods:

1 Perceptol 1+3 at 24 degrees C. Agitate for 30 sec. then one inversion every 30 sec. (35mm film )

2 Rodinal 1+50 at 20 degrees C. 4 initial inversions then 1 inversion every 5 minutes for 20 minutes ( 35mm film )

Both equally sharp. Grain just visible in 14" wide print from rodinal negative, but not perceptol negative. This was from a clip test in which a whole roll of film was exposed on the same subject and developed in various developers for comparison.

Alan
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies