Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th November 2020, 02:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
It is not made by Compard, AFIK they don't make chemistry, just supply it, I believe that Compard is actualy made by Tetenal, who are the biggest photochemistry makers in Germany, all the Rollei chemistry is made by Tetenal, or at leastt 99% of it is, as I said earlier, just follow the times for the Rollei RHS developer, which is I believe the same formula as the d74 rhs dc that you have, they just use a different name to avoid problem's with Rollie, and I can find more about the Rollei rhs than d74
Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11th November 2020, 02:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlambert View Post

I know the name, Compard is on the softpac chemical's, including RO9/one shot, which I use a lot, Compard pack their own chemicals, even make the soft pacs, but the contents, be it developer, fixer, stop bath Ect is made bt Tetenal, as is most if not all of Ilford's chemistry, and they used to make the Kodak chemistry before Tetenals problem's last years, I used to think that Compard made the chemicals themselves until I investigated further last year, Tetenal also make most of the Rollei chemistry, and pretty much all of the chemistry from independent suppliers, the other big chemical company in Germany is Calbe, there are very few photochemistry makers so pretty much all of these suppliers have the chemicals made for them, At one time, soon after Agfafoto went bust Agfa (The parent company) still made their Rodinal, then simply sent it by the bucket load to the various companies in Europe and America who packed it and sold it under whatever names they wanted asa long as it wasn't Rodinal, now Adox have the right's to the name rodinal,, and rodinal, Agfa formula, was sold nby a company in I think Canada as Blazanol, in Canada and Rodinal in the UDA, now same developer, as far as I knw, is sold as Blazenol in the USA as Adox sell,s their adanol as Rodinal in the UDSA, I get' confusing, and I can get easily confused, but as long as it does the job who cares
Richard

Last edited by Richard Gould; 11th November 2020 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11th November 2020, 09:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
I know the name, Compard is on the softpac chemical's, including RO9/one shot, which I use a lot, Compard pack their own chemicals, even make the soft pacs, but the contents, be it developer, fixer, stop bath Ect is made bt Tetenal, as is most if not all of Ilford's chemistry, and they used to make the Kodak chemistry before Tetenals problem's last years, I used to think that Compard made the chemicals themselves until I investigated further last year, Tetenal also make most of the Rollei chemistry, and pretty much all of the chemistry from independent suppliers, the other big chemical company in Germany is Calbe, there are very few photochemistry makers so pretty much all of these suppliers have the chemicals made for them, At one time, soon after Agfafoto went bust Agfa (The parent company) still made their Rodinal, then simply sent it by the bucket load to the various companies in Europe and America who packed it and sold it under whatever names they wanted asa long as it wasn't Rodinal, now Adox have the right's to the name rodinal,, and rodinal, Agfa formula, was sold nby a company in I think Canada as Blazanol, in Canada and Rodinal in the UDA, now same developer, as far as I knw, is sold as Blazenol in the USA as Adox sell,s their adanol as Rodinal in the UDSA, I get' confusing, and I can get easily confused, but as long as it does the job who cares
Richard

Ah ok. Thanks for this. Interesting stuff. And I saw the company Spur’s name a few times in relation to Rollei RHS as well as a couple of other devs, although nothing that connected Spur with Supergrain.

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies