Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment Manuals > Manuals Discussion Forum

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th June 2016, 10:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
It was the Durst CLS 66 manual.
Whilst not specifically a manual for the CLS 66. I've just uploaded one for the M601. This has a brief section on the CLS 66 head and is probably all the information you will find about it.
Old 28th June 2016, 10:56 PM
Friend

Thanks for taking the time to upload the manual, Paul. It gives useful additional information about the capabilities of this enlarger.
Alex.
Old 29th June 2016, 12:41 PM
Friend

I too have been caught out by these so called 'free downloads' many moons ago before I became more aware.

I now NEVER give out my credit cards unless I am intentionally wanting to pay for something that I want to buy in the first place, preferably from a know seller.

Any site that requires a credit card etc as 'validation / confirmation' of my address etc. I quickly bypass and go out looking for another.

Once bitten, twice VERY shy!

Remember in the majority of cases you are handing over very important details to a site / person that you don't even know, so why should you trust them in the first place NOT to take any money / a monthly subscription when they say they won't?

I'm not wanting to put anyone off of buying on line as I have done more than my fair share over the years, but in this day and age, one just has to be just a little cautious before entering those digits...

Terry S
Old 29th June 2016, 01:41 PM
Friend

Sound advice, Terry. You have to be very alert these days to avoid scams.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th June 2016, 12:07 PM
Friend

wow just googled donnaplay.
you were lucky

Bob Smith
Old 30th June 2016, 01:03 PM
Friend

I just did the same Bob and it's "wow in spades". What is even worse is that I suspect that somehow what they do is perfectly legal despite complainers saying they know nothing about it or never having heard of it. I suspect that like Alex they were all looking for an item and in their haste and unlike Alex paid little or no attention to the rest of what they were ticking boxes for.

Unless they did something that constitutes their agreement however obscure, to a contract then what donnaplay does would amount to a criminal act of robbery, wouldn't it?

Mike
Old 30th June 2016, 02:24 PM
Friend

I wouldn't recommend anyone visiting the site to see what I mean, but I can tell you that it is very cleverly done. I'm not surprised there have been complaints. So far, I'm pleased to say that no money appears to have been taken. I am, however, keeping a close eye on the situation with the help of the card company. I received a nice email from donnaplay.com inviting me back. It was very touching, but I felt it best not to reply!
Alex.
Old 30th June 2016, 02:33 PM
Friend

This sucks. Sorry to hear that Alex.

Just two general tips
(1) Please don't give out your card details to anyone for any trials. I think the only exception I made was when did a trial thingy with DVD rentals that is not owned by Amazon.co.uk. Then again I read the samll prints.
Speaking of small prints, in some sites, they'll say that you can cancel anytime. But in the small font, right at the bottom they'll have some ar&6%ole type footnote, saying that it will take 7-28 working days to process and finalise the cancellation. So by then they'll take at least some money off you, because you 'agreed' to their 'terms and conditions'.

(2) Some are even worse and flat out illegal, they may even ask you to download and install some .exe files, that are potentially used for spambots, phishing and other nasty things. In short, don't install anything unless it is from a trusted source.

Last edited by ashfaque; 30th June 2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 4th July 2016, 09:58 AM
Friend

I have found that some manual downloads are infected with viruses - I nearly got caught out the other day when downloading a manual for something (I can't remember what) resulted in an EXE file trying to execute. But fortunately AVG anti-virus stepped in and saved the day!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies