Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th November 2010, 02:39 PM
New User

Default RH Analyser Pro

Hello all
I have just bought the above analyser, it seems to be quite complicated I was hoping that another member may have some experience of using this particular piece of kit and may be able to give me some pointers on its use, thanks.
Old 4th November 2010, 03:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycat View Post
Hello all
I have just bought the above analyser, it seems to be quite complicated I was hoping that another member may have some experience of using this particular piece of kit and may be able to give me some pointers on its use, thanks.
Hi Smily, I have been using the analyser pro for a number of years now and would not want to be without it, the best advice I can offer to start is read the instruction book that came with it, also check for hints and tips on the RH Designs website, a mine of information,and you can always go to Richard Ross, who makes the equipment, for advice,but it is really easy to use once you get started, it is pre set for Multigrade 4 rc, but there are settings for many other papers on the RH website, and in the instruction book. but simply, you take the first measurement from a shadow(clear) area of the negative and one from a highlight(darkest) area of the negative and adjust the grade and time until the leds at each end of the greyscale are just lit, and that is your exposure,put a sheet of paper in the easel, press the exposure button and the enlarger exposes the paper, and 9 time out of ten the expsure is right, or just about right, when you have mastered the basics you can use it for burning in and dodgeing esposures, and a lot more, Follow the instructions and you won't go far wrong, saves a fortune in test strips and wasted paper.Hope this helps, and if you want any more help just ask, there are a few here who use RH equipment, and Dr Ross is often on the forum,Richard
Old 4th November 2010, 06:40 PM
New User

Smile RH Analyser advice

Hello Richard
Many thanks for your advice, I am sure that after a reasonable period of time things will begin to make sense, I can usually photograph a subject quite well, but the darkroom is another challenge of which I am hopefull of some success, when I have an image which is worthy of this very good site, I will post it for others to tell me where I went wrong, thanks.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:27 PM
Friend

Your welcome Smilycat, and welcome to fadu, anytimeyou need advice just ask here and there will always be someone with the anwser, What is Your name? we are mostly on first name terms here, and good luckwith the analyser pro,it is really very easy to use and for me one of the best darkroom aids I ever got,Richard
Old 4th November 2010, 07:38 PM
Friend

I think RH Designs has compiled instructional videos which are viewable on its site.

Mike
Old 5th November 2010, 09:02 AM
Friend

We do indeed have some videos which should be helpful, check them out at Analyser inventor Chris Woodhouse's web site. You'll need QuickTime to view them. Richard has summed up the basics above pretty well, but feel free to contact me direct!

RH Designs darkroom equipment : dalesphoto.co.uk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies