Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th May 2013, 08:41 AM
Friend

Default camera repairs...

There have been a few posts of late asking for recommendations of good repairers for a variety cameras.
There is a list under the links section of the forum, but it seems a little out of date and under populated.
How about adding as many as possible so that when someone asks they can be directed to the links rather than creating another post about Newton Ellis.
I'll try and update the existing links later and add some more if no one else has. It would be good, though, if those with experience of a particular repairer added added the link so that it really is a recommendation... or not even...

I think it could be a useful resource if kept a little more up to date.
Old 18th May 2013, 02:25 PM
Friend

Default Camera repairers:

Sounds like a good idea, but lets keep it to just a directory but listing the areas of the individual firms specialty.

I seem to have stirred up controversy by some who are using one particular firm. Me being selfish, using mainly the OM system, both firms in Luton and Liverpool are both Olympus dealers still offering works on these film cameras. The Luton one is the cheaper of the two.

When I first had my shutter problems with my Mamiya, I approached both firms for quotes and others too. I thought they were rather expensive and thought about a diy repair and junk the camera if I messed up and then buy another camera body. As I did not get a sensible reply to my problems here, I joined other forums and I am grateful to a couple of guys out in California who led me through what to do and I fixed it myself, saving possibly £130.00. The camera works but I don't trust it and now seldom use it as I have lost confidence.

In my visits to other forums, there was a couple of severe criticisms of the Liverpool firm.

So in conclusion, if we are going to allow praises we should also allow criticisms and leave it to users to judge.
Old 18th May 2013, 11:21 PM
Friend

A good idea, and some good comments by Alan.

Perhaps such a directory could operate a review system showing the number of positive / negative comments regarding a particular firm such as is often found on review websites?
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:53 PM
Friend

Default new entry

just posted a new entry on the directory for anyone in North Yorkshire/Teeside Co Durham

Sarah
Old 4th October 2013, 06:38 AM
Friend

I could post a couple of links, but both are outside the UK. Do you think they will be of the forum's interest?
Old 4th October 2013, 07:15 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
I could post a couple of links, but both are outside the UK. Do you think they will be of the forum's interest?
Please do, Domingo, there are FADU friends around the globe who might benefit.
Peter
Old 4th October 2013, 09:05 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlg View Post
Please do, Domingo, there are FADU friends around the globe who might benefit.
Peter
done, Peter.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies