Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st August 2020, 12:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
A trick I found really exciting was fitting an old 50mm Hasselblad Distagon onto a Canon with a cheap and simple tilt adapter from (I think) Arax.
Another new company (Arax) to me to bookmark.

https://araxfoto.com/accessories/

Some well priced items but scrolling through their '50 t+s lens pictures' become very samey very quickly. I mean how often would you want to take a 'toy perspective view' of a scene?

Terry S
Old 31st August 2020, 01:51 PM
Friend

well I have had the problem sorted out for me ,I was looking at a 150mm AF mamiya lens ,and I got one of them ,because you are interested emails from eBay and they offered £50.00 discount on there buy it now price ,and in my moment of weakness I bought that instead of a shift lens ,as was said If I don't use it much it would be a waste of money and the 150mm I will use a lot .so at the end destiny has taken its Couse .
Old 31st August 2020, 02:51 PM
Friend

I looked at the Arax website (thanks for the link) and found the latest version of the adapter that I use. Mine is earlier and only allows the lens to droop downwards - there is no provision for rotating the lens with respect to the camera body. Also, the later version allows a full 8° of tilt, just as my modified adapter does. Except that mine leaks light and requires black insulating tape, which I am sure the new version doesn't.
For those with deeper pockets I note that Arax offer a tilt and shift adapter
Old 2nd September 2020, 08:02 PM
Friend

I received the 150mm3.5 mamiya AF lens today and shot a roll of film to make sure it was working ,its a great lens ,and it works as good as it looks i bought it from MW classic cameras ,i have bought from them before and always been satisfied with them .its also a lot lighter than my 105-210 mm 4.5 AF zoom lens ,and i do like a 150mm lens....
Old 4th September 2020, 07:32 AM
Friend

Probably a good call Paul.
The shift lens was likely to spend a lot of time in your bag. Enjoy the 150.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies