Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th February 2020, 08:07 AM
Friend

Default Colin Jones at North Wall Arts Centre, Oxford,

Some photos in the Guardian from former ballet dancer Colin Jones, showing at the North Wall Arts Centre, Oxford until March the 7th.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/ga...es-colin-jones

Nick
Old 11th February 2020, 11:52 AM
Friend

i see colin quite often in portobello road when i go to visit a film camera seller i buy from. great work. his rather reserved. nice man either way
Old 11th February 2020, 09:52 PM
Friend

what a life and what a great photographer ,there is a lot about Colin on the internet , his photos are fantastic ,I have seen some of his work before ,and I have spent a good few hours learning about him ….
Old 12th February 2020, 02:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
what a life and what a great photographer ,there is a lot about Colin on the internet , his photos are fantastic ,I have seen some of his work before ,and I have spent a good few hours learning about him ….
yes his work is amazing. he used to be a dancer like myself so it was really interesting speaking to him about about that and his love for photography. when i commend him on his great body of work or picture he seems shy lol. really nice person. its evident why he was able to capture the candids he did as he drifts into the crowd not being noticed.
Old 12th February 2020, 10:07 PM
Friend

hi soulstar ,going of the subject a bit , when I worked for liptons tea /allied suppliers in Bethnal green road ,for a while and we used to get in temp ,casual staff from a agency and on and off we would get ballet dancers ,I don't know if it was out of season work or what but they were always stretching and exercising .there's a bit of history for you.

www.essexcockney.com
Old 13th February 2020, 12:53 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
hi soulstar ,going of the subject a bit , when I worked for liptons tea /allied suppliers in Bethnal green road ,for a while and we used to get in temp ,casual staff from a agency and on and off we would get ballet dancers ,I don't know if it was out of season work or what but they were always stretching and exercising .there's a bit of history for you.

www.essexcockney.com
that is such a amazing story. it would be amazing to have seen this in picture form.
Old 13th February 2020, 03:55 PM
Friend

it was a bit DADA . all we was doing when a delivery came in was taking full tea chests of the conveyer and loading them on to trolleys ,I did have a camera then but I could not always afford film and chemicals ,but I don't think I did bad over the years photo wise .

www.essexcockney.com
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies