Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th April 2015, 09:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I would also check that the bulb holder and the cable have not been damaged. I know that the M601 can use the 150W bulb, but I find that the 75W is adequate, and you don't have the problem of the enlarger heating up so much. If your lamp holder is faulty/damaged, I have seen replacements for sale recently on UK eBay, under enlarging equipment in the Darkroom section.
Alex.
Thank you alexmuir, I will have a look since the new bulb I've bought just blown again ... do I need to dramatically extend the exposure time using a 75W instead of an 150W ?

I can't believe the equipment is getting broken due voltage difference since it should still be in the standard, anyway I could measure with a meter I have got how much the voltage differs.

Do you see that as something feasible guys ?
Old 5th April 2015, 10:06 PM
Friend

Hi. The 75w gives me an exposure of 7-10 secs at f11 for an 8x10 print. I haven't tried a 150w lamp as the 75w has been fine for my work.
Alex

Tags
bulb, durst m601, enlarger, timer
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies