Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th April 2009, 08:02 AM
Friend

Default Viewing random images from All Albums section.

As there are 114 pages last time I looked, of albums – is there any way of being able to view these as a slide show or as random images other than when logged on to the main forum page?
Some wonderful images hidden amongst these pages , that it seems a shame not being able to see them without spending a long time going through each folder. How many people stay on the main forum page....

David.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:22 AM
Friend

No, there isn't as far as I know. The idea of the albums is that members can put together a collection of pictures. Consider them as panels that should be viewed as a whole body of work rather than as individual pictures.
Having said that, my own offering was nothing more than a simple collection as others probably are.
Maybe, when we have the Gallery running again something could be done with that.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:25 AM
Administrator

We'll have a chat and see what we can come up with...

Unfortunately, we are largely restricted by what the software allows us to do and if others have created any suitable add-ons for it. In the meantime, for those not aware of it, clicking on the "All Albums" link along the top navigation bar when logged-in will give a list of everyone's public Albums.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:52 AM
Friend

Thanks both of you – I agree that some of the Albums are meant to be viewed as a body of work: just that I have gone into a particular page after seeing one image as a random generation and then wonder how I missed such excellent work.

“You do the impossible everyday, miracles take a little longer…..”

David.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies