Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th October 2008, 02:19 PM
Friend

Default Hello from Neil.

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to introduce myself -

mono-inthedark = Neil Souch, West Cornwall.

I have just got back from a very enjoyable (wet!) trip to Anglesey where I learned about FADU from Dave - so here I am!

Now I have discovered FADU I shall be visiting frequently and hope to both learn and contribute along the way.

I do apologise to those i/c for such things for using mono-inthedark as a user name but as always with computers and software I dive in and use them first - then read the instructions afterwards if needed!

If you want to know what we do and where we live etc can I suggest if you visit our website at:

www.mono-inthedark.co.uk

Here you will find plenty of personal information, our photographic aims as well as many pics. The site is somewhat unusual as it is a dual husband and wife photographic site - which may be a UK first!

Cheers,

Neil.

(Neil Souch).

Neil Souch
Old 7th October 2008, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard Neil!

Just had a poke around your site - very impressive (I also recognise that tree and feed-trough in "Bleak Winter" from earlier this year ).

Have fun, Bob.
Old 7th October 2008, 04:24 PM
Friend

Welcome Neil, hope you had a reasonable journey home; and some printable negatives.
Old 7th October 2008, 04:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Welcome aboard Neil!

Just had a poke around your site - very impressive (I also recognise that tree and feed-trough in "Bleak Winter" from earlier this year ).

Have fun, Bob.

Thanks Bob,

We could have done with a bit of that snow in Anglesey instead of the rain - good excuse to go to the pub though ;-)

Cheers,
Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 7th October 2008, 04:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome Neil, hope you had a reasonable journey home; and some printable negatives.
Thanks Dave,

Trip back was OK but took about 7.5 hours. Worse bit was around Telford / Shewsbury which surprised me. Not done anything with the negs yet - maybe later in the week - today is Jean's birthday so I am otherwise engaged :-)

FADU looks good - well done. Will spread the word when I can.

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 7th October 2008, 04:53 PM
Friend

Wecome Neil. Like your website and Cornwall is such a wonderful place to live, second only to London.

Best,
Trevor.
Old 7th October 2008, 05:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Crone View Post
Wecome Neil. Like your website and Cornwall is such a wonderful place to live, second only to London.

Best,
Trevor.

Many thanks Trevor,

I love London too - especially when I went there in the 60s when I was a young man

Cornwall has so much to offer and I don't think we shall ever get to all the places we want to photograph in our retirement - but we are giving it our best shot!

All the best,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 7th October 2008, 07:38 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono-inthedark View Post

If you want to know what we do and where we live etc can I suggest if you visit our website at:

www.mono-inthedark.co.uk

(Neil Souch).
Welcome to the forum Neil and thanks for posting your site, I really enjoyed seeing your prints last weekend. They were just superb.

Fintan
Old 7th October 2008, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono-inthedark View Post
Many thanks Trevor,

I love London too - especially when I went there in the 60s when I was a young man

Cornwall has so much to offer and I don't think we shall ever get to all the places we want to photograph in our retirement - but we are giving it our best shot!

All the best,

Neil.
The worst thing about Cornwall and Devon is that they are such a pain to reach from London (tho' locals may think somewhat differently about that !)
Old 7th October 2008, 09:54 PM
Friend

When I visited Bottallack in April last year I photographed an old tin mine which had painted on a wall, 'English Out'. I was so relieved it didn't say 'Londoner's Out'.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies