Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th April 2019, 10:51 PM
Friend

It appears Roger passed away Sunday or Monday according to other websites.

Unlike many here I've never had any of his books, but to be fair that's because at the time he was writing and they were first being published I was already working professionally both as a photo-chemist and photographer.

I did look at his books and they were good basics guides and I'm sure many learnt a lot from them.

Ian
Old 11th April 2019, 10:42 AM
Friend

What a shock sad to hear of his passing. My best wishes go out to his wife and family.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 11th April 2019, 02:11 PM
Friend

I enjoyed Roger's writing style and the down-to-earth tone of his forum chats. He had a very commons-sense approach, and clearly eschewed the more pretentious aspects of this hobby/profession. I particularly liked how he quietly and without bravado or aggression, countered and deflated those who challenged him on points of knowledge or experience. I would like to have met him and shared a pint. A tragic loss. He will be missed. Sincere condolences to his wife and family.
Old 12th April 2019, 07:12 AM
Friend

I took a while to like Roger's writing style. When I first read his pieces in Amateur Photographer. I found myself wanting to argue with him, whilst agreeing with what he was saying!

Steve.
Old 13th April 2019, 02:05 PM
Friend

I once met Roger and his wife Frances Schulz at FOCUS ON IMAGING at Birmingham N.E.C around late 1990's. At the time I was taking an interest in buying a large-format camera (4x5) and he suggested a Schneider 121mm Super-Angulon lens as a wide standard as it would provide all the perspective movement coverage not only with 4x5, but also 5x7.

Frances was doing hand coloured B&W prints on behalf of Tetenal IIRC.

This is very sad news. R.I.P Roger and my condolences to Frances, friends and relatives.

Keith.
Old 13th April 2019, 02:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaxpete View Post
I got an E-mail from him a couple of months ago asking if he could use one of my 'Fish-Eye' photos in his AP column -- of course I was glad to help. I count myself very Luckythen --- 4 lots of Cancer !
Prostate ( operation 2005), Non-Hodgkins Lymphomna ( Chemo in 2008) Basal Cell Carcinoma Skin Cancer ( 2018) , Bowel Cancer ( 2018 to present) . Path Lab found Prostate Cancer Cells floating around after Bowel Op 14 years later . Where are they settling I wonder ?
Sorry to read that Pete, and wish you well. I enjoy reading your post and watching your Youtube video's.

Kindest regards,

Keith.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies